Collzy

Kieran_Gibbs.jpg

Name:Kieran Gibbs

Date of Birth: 26th September 1989

Height: 1.80m

Club: Arsenal

Youth Career:Wimbledon 2001-2004, Arsenal 2004-2007

Senior Career:Arsenal 2007-Present, Norwich City (Loan) 2008

Position: Left back/left wing back (Accomplished), Left midfield (Natural), Left attacking midfield (Accomplished), Center midfield (Competent), Right wing back (Unconvincing), Right midfield (Unconvincing)

Brief Info: Gibbs began his career at the Wimbledon academy but moved to Arsenal when Wimbledon disbanded in 2004. In September 2007, Gibbs signed a professional contract with Arsenal and was named in their 2007-2008 Champions League squad. He also made his first team debut that year in a Carling Cup game vs Sheffield United on the 31st October 2007. He made his Champions League debut on the 10th December 2008 against FC Porto of Portugal, and was also given his Premier League debut a few months later against Tottenham Hotspur in February. Kieran's first Champions League start came in Arsenal's quarter-final 2nd leg vs Villarreal on 15th April 2009. Kieran has since gone on to make 36 first team appearences for Arsenal, he is yet to score however. He was also given his full England debut on the 11th August 2010 in a friendly vs. Hungary

Enough with the boring stuff.. Kieran is obviously a bright talent IRL and has a very promising future as a left back for both club and country. However in FM he looks slightly poor for a left back, and more of a left winger? Was wondering how he pans out after a few years. Is he good enough for Arsenal? Or backup at best. I remember in FM10 on a few occassions Clichy got injured he was a very reliable and consistent replacement. I have rarely used him as a left winger though..

Screenie: kierangibbs.png

Comments and screenies appreciated.

good op.

I quite like Gibbs as a player for my Arsenal and England side, he always outperforms his attributes, Unfortunetly I dislike the fact his attributes are rather useless for a LB and he is inferior to the ability of Clichy so he never usually gets games for me.

He always seems to stay around the same sort of attributes he starts with for me and looks rather average, great for my international side though

I totally agree about that he always outperforms his attributes. Unfortunately he can't really play LM /LW because of the likes of Nasri, Arsh and Rosicky, leaving him as a 2nd choice LB due to Clichy being a lot better. Pat Rice says he has 3* potential as a left back, so maybe he's a really late developer? Or due to Clichy, he doesn't play many games and therefore doesn't get the chance to develop..

I'm only three seaons in on my save, but here is a screenshot of Kieran Gibbs. He's improved quite a bit mentally, particular in defensive attributes. He's pretty close to his PA in my screeshot. Still has a little bit more room to improve.

For those wondering, his PA is:

So he can easily become first team quality. Definitely more than a good backup for Clichy and even does a good job on the wing.

Hmm looking at your screenie he could probably perform really well as a wing back rather than a full back. Which works out great because in my tactic only one of the fullbacks attacks, while the other one stays back more. I'll try play him in the cup games and see how he develops.

Archived