FM10 - Jem Karacan

0,,10306~3443759,00.jpg

Jem Karacan is an English-born Turkish professional footballer, currently playing for Reading as a midfielder. He has played internationally for the Turkish youth team, and has captained the U-21 side.

Between the ages of seven and fourteen he played for the now defunct Wimbledon and left after they relocated to Milton Keynes. He had been offered a four-year contract at the club his father supported, Galatasaray, but refused citing language difficulties, "I couldn't go out there at only 14, not speaking the language and so on." Karacan joined Reading's Youth Academy instead, having been spotted playing against the Royals while on trial at Manchester United.

On 6 July 2007, he signed a two-year professional contract with Reading, and made his debut against Luton Town on the 26th of August in the League Cup, getting on the scoresheet.

Karacan joined Bournemouth on loan, initially for one month, on 18 October 2007. Karacan was put into the starting XI for Bournemouth on 20 October away to Millwall, where he made his league debut in Bournemouth's 2-1 defeat. His loan was subsequently extended to 6 January 2008.[6] Karacan signed a further loan deal in the 2007–08 season on 20 March 2008, this time to Football League One side Millwall, which was originally due to run until 19 April 2008, but was extended to the end of the 2007–08 season.

He scored against Aston Villa in a pre season match before the 2008-09 season, and scored his first professional goal for Reading in a Carling Cup win over Luton Town on 26 August 2008. Towards the end of 2008, he began to start a few matches after impressing in the reserves and following injuries to James Harper and Marek Matejovsky. He signed a new 2 and half year contract in October 2008, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2010-11 season. He scored his first league goal in Reading's 2-2 draw with Blackpool FC on 13 April 2009, in the Championship

Karacan in FM10

I havent actually owned him, although playing against reading in the Premiership he is the only player in thir squad that causes me (Man City) any problems so I had a little look at him.

Start:

20JemKaracan-2.png

and 2013

20JemKaracan.png

Archived