Football Chairman v1.1

Taking from Ollie's original idea, I have decided to create a user-driven 'Chairman' game where each user is allocated a club and becomes the chairman, with this brings important decisions that need to be made, such as allocating transfer budgets and employing new managers. The game will start of solely in the English Premiership but I may look to expand this if all goes well.

I will start a Football Manager save and regularly update this thread with finances, player information, match results and more. I'm thinking of a time-scale like a month in the game - a day in real life. I will also regularly post screenshots of the league table and other information if requested.

As the chairman, you are responsible for a number of things;

Allocating Transfer and Wage budgets (% of transfer fees made available also applies)

Assessing your team's manager's position, which includes sacking and seeking to employ new managers

Keeping a close eye on transfer activity. If you want to personally sign a player, you can do so, but must co-operate with fellow chairmen if you wish to sign a player from another team in the English Premiership

Upgrading Youth and Training facilities (Prices depend on the level you wish to upgrade to)

Upgrading your team's stadium or building a new stadium (Again, prices will be negotiated to keep it as realistic as possible)

A few rules apply, but it's really just common sense. If you are Blackpool and Alex Ferguson is a free agent, you won't be able to sign him. If you are a big club such as Chelsea and wish to sign a player from a 'lesser' team, the player will receive a wage rise and vice versa. Everything is negotiated between users so that all decisions are fair.

As the chairman of your club, you can place any of your players on the transfer list (in-game and also on this thread) and make bids for any players in the English Premiership.

You can also 'buy out' another team which means that you then become chairman of that team, a fee has to be agreed buy the buyer and seller and the seller moves to the buyer's old club and the money they were paid goes into their new club's balance.

If you want a manager from another club, a compensation package must be agreed by both parties.

We will be playing with the latest forbsie and chris update, so Blackpool, Newcastle and West Brom replace Burnley, Portsmouth and Hull City.

If you want to sign a player from another premiership club, please do the deal THROUGH ME, I don't want any dealings going on privately as I have to know every detail, thanks. When trying to sign a player, you must also communicate with me to agree his wage.

Each chairman will be expected to post regular updates on their teams in the form of press releases, commenting on their team's recent performances, manager's standing and transfer targets, this is to keep all other chairmen 'in the know' and it also adds a little realism to the game.

Long periods of inactivity will result in exclusion from the game.

If this goes well, I might set up a website with a forum dedicated to this so we can run a few different leagues.

We have 3 spaces left so PM me if you want to join :)

Thanks,

Dan.

Chris Petty - chris23 - WBA

Jeff Blake - o1000100 - Man Utd

toon balmy - toon balmy - Blackpool

sean sheerin - baps25 - Arsenal

Jordan Latimer - Spartansteen - Wigan

Dan Williams - The Danimal - Man City

Fernie - WBA4LIFE - Newcastle

Ashley Wilkes - Liverbird93 - Aston Villa

Rueben Hernandez - Mikel LUFC - Tottenham

Patricio Feliciano - hitman19ko - Sunderland

Jono - Jono-Mufc - West Ham

Lawrence Kamara - Xechs - Chelsea

lewcal - Liverpool

William Hall - William Hall - Wolves

Ashley Salisbury - FlUoReScEnT aDoLeScEnT - Everton

Freddie Petch - fred123qwe - Fulham

Oliver Connolly - ollie laaaaaaaad - Birmingham

Galinsky - Stoke City

scotty1974 - Blackburn

Jamie O'Connor - NathanTyson. - Bolton

IMPORTANT

When conducting transfers, contact me BEFORE ANYTHING as I need to know everything about the transfer. Also, try to keep chairman player deals to a minimum as it is hard work for me and it takes away from the realism of the game :)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bbc_sport_logo.gif

Manchester City chairman Dan Williams has publicly stated that he will do everything in his power to sign England midfielder Steven Gerrard from Liverpool.

Recent reports suggest that Gerrard is unhappy at Liverpool following the recent dismissal of Rafael Benitez and the speculation surrounding Fernando Torres' future.

It may cost Man City around £40million to prise Gerrard away from Anfield and we hope to have the latest news from the Liverpool chairman Ash Owen by tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Chelsea chairman Lawrence Kamara has made his first changes to the club by confirming the sacking and replacing of double winning manager Carlo Ancelotti. "A lack of consistency in the run up to last seasons double winning triumph forced me to make these changes. Mr. Ancelotti has been released with immeadiate effect and his replacement will be one the fans will not at all be disappointed with.

"Bringing in AC Milan and Ajax legend Marco Van Basten was the choice I made simply because I feel my compatriot has the intelligence and experience to get this current crop of players playing the beautiful football that he had the dutch national side playing in the recent european championships in Austria and Switzerland, and it is the dutch total football that will finally end the wait for that ellusive first Champions League trophy." Kamara announced at a recent press conference.

Furthermore, Ancelotti's assistant Ray Wilkins has also had his contract terminated and will replaced by former barcelona full back frank de boer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsene Wenger has been told he has to christmas to prove he has what it takes to bring trophies back to the Emirates. Arsene has been given 45M to spend but the chairman has surprisingly said he will have a massive input into who is bought because of Wengers reluctance to spend big on players. The first player Arsenal are said to be interested in is Real Madrids Xabi Alonso, also Joe Cole is wanted by the Gunners.

Sky Sports Breaking news:

After weeks of negotiating and deals upon deals, Birmingham's takeover has finally be finalised :)

New Birmingham chairman Oliver Connolly has already stated that current manager Alex Mcleish will be leaving the club, Mcleish will take control of team affairs until a replacement is found, candidates that are currently being speculated around the job are;

Sven-Goran Ericcson

Michael Laudrup

Giovanie Trapottoni

Jurgen Klinsmen

Slaven Bilic

The new manager is reportedly to be given £22m in funds to attract new players to the ambitious club, with Joe Cole being muted as the main target as the club look for a marquee signing

dan can you up the transfer budget to £22m and wage budget to 600k please :) also how much will it cost to release Mcleish and his assistant?

Be careful mate, you haven't got much leeway there if the 600k of wages is taken up you will be bankrupt.

I'll check now and edit this post when I know.

are you gonna make those changes we agreed to with the finances dan

p.s. is luca toni on a free

No, I was not going to do them because your finances might have changed. Do you want the transfer budget dropped to 30m again?

Yes, Luca Toni is a free agent.

*Manchester United*

The new chairman of Man Utd has announced that he will keep the current manager. He also added that there won't be any changes in the clubs finances for now.

The chairman also said that he is interested in bringing a big star into the club. There are rumours pointing towards Real Madrid's forward Karim Benzema.

West Ham Breaking News:

The new West Ham chairman has today come out and announced that Avram Grant will be kept in place as manager, and given the full backing of the chairman.

The chairman also announced that six high quality players were up for sale, the six players are as follows: Welsh international Daniel Gabbidon, England international Kieron Dyer, Portugese international Luis Boa Morte, South Africa poacher Benny McCarthy, United States international Jonathon Spector and Young Versatile defender Manuel Da Costa.

Here is a list of the big name free agents, if you want to sign any, you must make a wage bit to me via PM and the highest bidder gets the player;

Joe Cole

Michael Ballack

Luca Toni

Harry Kewell

Kris Boyd

Lee Naylor

Riquelme

Martin Petrov

Fabio Aurelio

yeah please mate and i'll be putting in a bid for old luca

btw are there like deadlines for free transfer bids?

For the players that have already been bid on, tomorrow morning at 11am is the deadline, and after the game starts, in-game managers will sign the free agents that are left.

bbc_sport_logo.gif

There has been much activity around the free-agent market today, with big names such as Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Luca Toni weighing up their options.

Our sources have informed us that Joe Cole is wanted by a number of clubs including Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, and Premiership heavyweights Manchester United. We believe Cole is considering all of the clubs at the moment but he wants regular first team football and therefore may be tempted to sign for one of the smaller clubs, the chairmen of the above teams should make statements concerning Cole soon after the transfer window opens.

Other free agents being chased are Luca Toni, Welsh youngster Joe Ledley (a 500k training expenses fee applies), Ex-Liverpool player Fabio Aurelio, Scot Kris Boyd and skilful winger Martin Petrov.

Breaking News:

Birmingham chairman Oliver Connolly has tonight released a statement on the clubs website regarding the current managerial position at the club.

'Alex Mcleish's contract with Birmingham city has been terminated with immediate effect, the succesor to Alex will be former Barcelona player and manager Michael Laudrup, we are very excited by the appointment and hope the flamboyent catalonian style will bring more fans to the ground. we hope that Michael will be here for the long term project at the club and help the club progress as it stands michael will be on a 1 year - rolling contract'

in statement released minutes later Laudrup himself said, ' i am excited by the prospect of taking one of english footballs sleeping giants back the big time' it is being rumoured around the club the Joe Cole, steven Pienaar, martin petrov and Park ji sung are among laudrups immediate transfer targets with the spanish due of ikker munian and Rafael Van der Vaart other targets

Exciting stuff!

And another thing, if you are offering a contract to a player and so are other clubs, I will base the players decision on his attributes e.g. Ambition which means if the player has a high ambition attribute, he will join a bigger team even if another team offers him more money, and vice versa.

Archived