FM2010 AFC Wimbledon - The Wombles

Chewy2006

Welcome to the thread of

AFCWimbledonlogo.png

A Brief History

AFC Wimbledon is a semi-professional English football club affiliated to both the London and Surrey Football Associations.

AFC Wimbledon take their name from and trace their origins to Wimbledon in the London Borough of Merton, although their home ground, Kingsmeadow, is in the neighbouring Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. The club and its supporters consider it to be a continuation of the former Wimbledon Football Club, whilst Milton Keynes Dons, the club formed when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes, are not considered by the club or fans to be representative in any way of the legacy and tradition of Wimbledon F.C.

The club began life in 2002, playing in the Premier Division of the Combined Counties League. AFC Wimbledon have since been promoted four times in seven seasons, with their success culminating in the 2008–09 Conference South championship which secured Conference National football for 2009–10.

The club currently hold the all-time English record for the most consecutive unbeaten league games by any senior football club, having played 78 league matches in a row without defeat over three seasons.

Football Manager Info

Nation - England

Year Founded - 2002

Status - Semi-Professional

Reputation - Local

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends – None

Icons – Dickie Guy, Marcus Gayle, Kevin Cooper, Dave Beasant, Lawrie Sanchez

Favoured Personnel – Alan Cork

Fierce Rivals - MK Dons

Other Rivals - Kingstonian, Hampton & Richmond, Bromley

Finances - Okay

Average Ticket Price - £12.00

Average Season Ticket Price - £200

Season Ticket Holders - 2429

Estimated Value - £700k (Loan Debt £1.1m)

Continental Competition - None

Media Prediction - 12th

Stadium - The Fans Stadium - Kingsmeadow

Training Facilities - Adequate

Youth Facilities - Basic

Expections - Top Half Finish

Transfer Budget - 0k

Wage Budget - 10.75k

Kits –

AFCWimbledonkits.jpg

Squad

AFCWinbledonSquad.jpg

Starting XI

StartingXi.jpg

I normally sell the current squad above and bring in my own team on free transfers.

Here is my side after the transfer window

AFCWimbledon-CurrentSquad.jpg

With my current crop I went through most of pre season unbeaten only losing to pompey. My results were

Portsmouth Home 0-2 loss

Gagra Home 4-2 win

Olmpik Baku Home 4-1 win

Livingston Home 2-1 win

Plymouth Home 3-1 win

At the minute I have won 7 on the bounch in the BSP and sit 4pts clear of Mansfield at the top of the league. I also managed to get West Ham United as a parent club and the players you see in blue above are the loans I've managed to get off them.

I'll keep you posted throughout the season and hopefully this good start will stand me strong for the end of the season.

End of Season 1 - 2009/2010

We had a great season all in all winning the Blue Square Premier by a clear distance and going strong in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

Here is the final table for the BSP

BSPTable.jpg

As you can see 13pts clear of Rushden in 2nd and from day 1 we always looked like we were going to win it and so it proved bringing not only League 2 football to the Fans Stadium next season but also turning pro for the first time ever aswell.

FA Cup

FACup-AFCWimbledon.jpg

We'll what can I say about the FA Cup run. The board would of been happy with us just getting to the 1st round but I was really supprised we managed to batter Southampton and Notts County with ease both. Wigan was a tough game but we just managed to nick the win which set up a dream tie against money bags Man City at the city of manchester stadium. I knew we didn't have a chance of winning but it give us some much need cash in the bank and we weren't disgraced at all.

FA Trophy

FATrophy-AFCWimbledon.jpg

In the FA Trophy again the board like the for the FA Cup would of been happy for us just to get to the 2nd round. But all in all we did fantastic to win it. Stevenage and Oxford were tricky ties but we managed to come through them and I was supprised that the final was so easy for us.

As you can see from the above screenies we did the double and with the good cup runs. The bank balance stood at 1m which for a BSP side is amazing. Next season I hope the board will give me some money to spend and if so I can't see why we won't compete for the League 2 title.

I'll keep you posted and hopefully a few others will start a game aswell

Here's some recommended players:

Krzysztof Sikora - AM RL, ST - Doesn't score many, but he got me 23 assists in the Blue Square, and won the Player of The Year award, was also my captain.

Antonio Alves - ST - The opposite of Sikora he scores a lot, although he doesn't set many up came third for Player of The Year award, as well as scoring 28 gols in BSP, and 24 in League 2.

Piotr Sciebura - WB , MR - Good winger in the BSP he get good balls through to the strikers, as well as making brilliant runs not as good in League 2, but still a decent player.

Xavier Barrau - AML , ML - Great winger pretty much at the same level as Sciebura, although the same in the BSP Barrau ends up better than Sciebura in League 2.

Bruno Festas - GK - A Good Goalkeeper, is one of the leding Goalkeepers for BSP and is quite good in League 2 as well.

Richard van der Heijden - Good attacker for the Blue Square altough not as prolific as Alves still more than capable of doing the job.

Vincent Fernandez - DC - Capable of cutting it in the BSP and League 2, ended up one of my best players both seasons.

Matias Chiacchio - ST - Although Argentinan he it part Italian so no work permit is needed. Started off as my third choice stricker, scored 10 goals in 11 games, and the chairman went over my head to accept an offer for him. :(

Ivan Oversluizen - MC - Good center midfielder for BSP, but starts to lose his touch in League 2. More capable defending than attacking.

• 1 month later...
Here's some recommended players:

Krzysztof Sikora - AM RL, ST - Doesn't score many, but he got me 23 assists in the Blue Square, and won the Player of The Year award, was also my captain.

Antonio Alves - ST - The opposite of Sikora he scores a lot, although he doesn't set many up came third for Player of The Year award, as well as scoring 28 gols in BSP, and 24 in League 2.

Piotr Sciebura - WB , MR - Good winger in the BSP he get good balls through to the strikers, as well as making brilliant runs not as good in League 2, but still a decent player.

Xavier Barrau - AML , ML - Great winger pretty much at the same level as Sciebura, although the same in the BSP Barrau ends up better than Sciebura in League 2.

Bruno Festas - GK - A Good Goalkeeper, is one of the leding Goalkeepers for BSP and is quite good in League 2 as well.

Richard van der Heijden - Good attacker for the Blue Square altough not as prolific as Alves still more than capable of doing the job.

Vincent Fernandez - DC - Capable of cutting it in the BSP and League 2, ended up one of my best players both seasons.

Matias Chiacchio - ST - Although Argentinan he it part Italian so no work permit is needed. Started off as my third choice stricker, scored 10 goals in 11 games, and the chairman went over my head to accept an offer for him. :(

Ivan Oversluizen - MC - Good center midfielder for BSP, but starts to lose his touch in League 2. More capable defending than attacking.

what leagues have you running to get these players??

Archived