FM 08: West Ham United - Happy Hammers

westhamrob

2020F137-D5FB-6D7B-F3131E73027427E9.jpg

West Ham United Football Club is an English football club based in West Ham, London Borough of Newham, East London, and have played their home matches at the 35,146 capacity Boleyn Ground stadium since 1904.

Fm Info

Nation - England

Year Founded - 1895

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Favoured Personnel - Paolo Di Canio, Rio Ferdinand, Carlos Tevez

Fierce Rivals - Millwall, Tottenham, Chelsea

Other Rivals - Arsenal, Man Utd

Estimated Value - £33.5M (Loan Debt: £24M)

Stadium - Upton Park, London

Stadium Capacity - 34500 all seater with under-soil heating

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 110m, Width: 75m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length: 114m, Width: 75m

Reserve Stadium - Victoria Road, Dagneham

Training Facilities - Good training facilities

Youth Facilities - Excellent youth facilities + Youth Academy

Continental Competition - none

Media Prediction - 15th

Squad Personality - very Determined

Captain - Lucas Neill

Squad:

Current squad

No. Position Player

1 GK Robert Green

2 DF Lucas Neill (captain)

3 DF George McCartney

4 DF Daniel Gabbidon

5 DF Anton Ferdinand

6 DF Matthew Upson

7 MF Fredrik Ljungberg

8 MF Scott Parker

9 FW Dean Ashton

10 FW Craig Bellamy

11 MF Matthew Etherington

12 FW Carlton Cole

14 DF John Paintsil

15 MF Nolberto Solano

No. Position Player

16 MF Mark Noble

17 MF Hayden Mullins

18 DF Jonathan Spector

19 DF James Collins

20 MF Julien Faubert

21 GK Richard Wright

23 GK James Walker

25 FW Bobby Zamora

26 MF Nigel Quashie

27 DF Calum Davenport

29 MF Lee Bowyer

32 MF Kieron Dyer

33 FW Henri Camara (on loan from Wigan Athletic)

34 MF Luís Boa Morte

Confidence

3 year plan- Premier League Challenger

Now - Respectable league finish

Fa Cup- 6th Round

League Cup- 1/4 Final

Players

Key Players - Craig Bellamy

Improvement - Defense

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just started a game with hammers.

Signed:

Harry Kewell £1.6m

Dan Gosling £1m +clauses

Hakan Yakin £3m +clauses

doing well in the league right now, top of table after 3 wins and 2 draws in the first 5 league games. However, the west ham defence is near non existent and i can't seem to keep a clean sheet.. not even against chester in the league cup.

Playing as my beloved, I sold Pantsil (2.1m) and Walker (550k)and signed Addo and Ignashevich on a free, sent Camara back and bought in Collins John on loan, Picked up Harry Kewell for 1.8mill and blew the rest of my budget on Nickety Shorey at a very overpriced 8.5mill!. Also signed Aaritalo for a more reasonable 400k. ALso reshuffled the staff and bought in some scouts and replaced some coaches, but kept big Merv as my Ass Man.

A draw and 2 wins on the road in pre season then the opening fixture v Chelsski which I held out for a 0-0 in, then Wigan away I won 1-0, drew 1-1 at home to Manure, lost 2-1 at Anfield to the scousers, beat Brighton 6-0 in the league cup and am now on a 8 match unbeaten run, sitting 3rd in the prem at the end of October icon_biggrin.gif

Still tryimg to offload LBM, Spector, Dailly, Quashie and Cole to give me some more spending money in January icon14.gif

Still tryimg to offload LBM, Spector, Dailly, Quashie and Cole to give me some more spending money in January

Dun sell Boa Morte. That guy is one hell of a winger in the game. 8s almost every match for me.. I sold cole for 750k and mullins for 800k. and bought shorey at 5.5m after Aston Villa had a bid accepted.

diegowong, I just dont like LBM, so want rid, dont care how good he is, had a 2 mill bid for him which I accepted now in the Jan Window, and Etherington on the way out for 2mill as well, no one wants cole, quashie, dailly or spector atm.

3rd in the prem now in Jan knocked out of the league cup at the quarter finals bu Liverpool, and through to the 4th round of the FA cup, so far it is going well icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by diegowong:

Signed:

Harry Kewell £1.6m

Dan Gosling £1m +clauses

Hakan Yakin £3m +clauses

doing well in the league right now, top of table after 3 wins and 2 draws in the first 5 league games. However, the west ham defence is near non existent and i can't seem to keep a clean sheet.. not even against chester in the league cup.

I wouldn't sign him if they paid me 2mil icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by danny.harv:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diegowong:

Signed:

Harry Kewell £1.6m

Dan Gosling £1m +clauses

Hakan Yakin £3m +clauses

I wouldn't sign him if they paid me 2mil icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is good in the game actually. or at least he is for me and i resigned him for my game in the actual game.

I found that Bellamy has been surprisingly good, anyone else?

It is not suprising. He is good. very good. icon_wink.gif

1 season finished in 8th, semis of league cup and 6th round of fa cup so not bad season really. got some good rival wins over spurs, chelsea and man utd to boast but seemed to do poor at home against the lesser teams.

star player: bellamy without doubt but green aslo. scored 22 league goals 2 behind rooney

Underachieve: Anton Ferdinard, neil, upson.

just started 2nds season and spent most of budget on Valdivia but still looking for new centre back. just drew 1-1 with liverpool!!

yeah. but i don't think any of us actually knows how stingy or how generous eggman is after all, he have not brought the 3 'big name' signings to west ham yet.

have to agree that nobes' stats are awful though. he only made 5 appearances for me. but due to sentimental reasons i do not feel like selling him.

Im stuck on getting a left back as well, seems I have the same problem as Curbs, everyone even slightly better (like Shorey) costs silly money.

Doesn't help that West Ham start off with virtually no knowledge of players outside the UK (again kudos to SI on the accuracy).

yeah. but i don't think any of us actually knows how stingy or how generous eggman is after all, he have not brought the 3 'big name' signings to west ham yet.

Yeah, but if they bought the Club for something like 90 Million it would be worth far more than the £33.5M the game reckons the Club is worth.

As for the balance of £6,562,239 I mean come on, we had more money in the bank than Terry Bloody Brown!!!!

Agree on Nobles stats, and Ashton, pace 7?????

I assumed this game was realistic but it's getting worse year after year!

Originally posted by westhamrob:

i need a new left back, looking at either shorey or lescott suggestions?

I would go for shorey but you could try:

Armand Traore

Timothee Atouba

Kevin Larsen

im only playing with 1 striker, and ashton is playing awful

should i accept man citys offer? its elano for ashton straight swap...

They've been trying to get Ashton on my game, but I've turned them down so far Elano's good but it depends on who you've sold

i need a new left back, looking at either shorey or lescott suggestions?

Like I said earlier, I bought Shorey and he has been superb for me.

Bellamy and Ashton have been immense for me up front, sitting 2nd in the prem as we move into April icon_biggrin.gif

Aaritalo has been huge too, is he the new To Madeira??

I'm sitting 5th. Was 2nd about October time but haven't had a consistent run of results for a while. Through to the FA Cup quarters though so all is not lost.

I've decided to sell Ashton. He's played 19 games so far this season and scored 2. Just not good enough!

Looking for a good tall target man who doesn't cost the earth. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Just started my season with the hammers,

signed

-Radu LB

-Zanetti from juventes on loan

-ignasevich on free transfer,Retraining him as a DM(made him my cpt aswell)

-lbuboja (Striker) For only 1,5 mil euro's goodbackup for the injury prone stiker force

-Marek Sapara(not been very good yet but needs time to settle in)

Camera is quite a striker... definatly keeping him on loan

I just got fired........mainly cos I'm c**p, by Dec 1st.

Bought Ignasevich Free

Farfan - 7.5 million

Aarilito or something, the guy everyone keeps talking about and Sidwell on loan

Paintsil out for 2.2 mil

Camara sent back without looking at him.

Got the bug with Faubert where he never gets fit and also didn't get the chance to pair Ashton and Bellamy till November cos I couldn't get them fit. Is that because of a lack of friendlies at start of season?

Does anyone know if the patch will work with the save game eg will Ashton's stats go up if you implement the patch on a save???

Believe it or not I've actually been playing this game for years and in FM07 I won the CH League and the Prem League with the Hammers so I don't know whats going on.

Any help/answers will be greatly appreciated.

Archived