Most teams in europe?

On my girlfriends recent game in the EPL there was Man City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Spurs and Birmingham(thats her team)all in the UEFA Cup. Then England had Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool in the Champions League. This seems like alot of teams to have in europe or is this normal?

3 enter the UEFA Cup automatically, the UEFA Cup Winner will also be able to enter if they don't qualify through their league position. 1 will enter by completing the three rounds of the Inter-toto Cup, and 1 may enter if England were drawn to receive an extra place as part of the Fair Play League.

It's not impossible. In my game right now, there a 6 Italian clubs in the UEFA Cup Group Stages.

I think what happened here is England was awarded an additional UEFA Cup slot, to its original 3, and then one of those 5 teams would have qualified via the Euro Vase.

Cool I thought that was how it worked just seemed weird as I have never seen that many in it before. I checked and Man City were the holders but never finished high enough to qualify through the league.

Originally posted by GalwayUnitedFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

On my girlfriends recent game

A girl on FM icon_eek.gificon_smile.gificon_eek.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Mrs plays FM and it is an acceptable topic of coversation in my house. God I love her!

Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GalwayUnitedFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

On my girlfriends recent game

A girl on FM icon_eek.gificon_smile.gificon_eek.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Mrs plays FM and it is an acceptable topic of coversation in my house. God I love her! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, i'd love to hear your domestics!

Originally posted by canvey!!:

3 enter the UEFA Cup automatically, the UEFA Cup Winner will also be able to enter if they don't qualify through their league position. 1 will enter by completing the three rounds of the Inter-toto Cup, and 1 may enter if England were drawn to receive an extra place as part of the Fair Play League.

I thought if the winners of the cups and UEFA cup didn't get in via league, then the league got no places, just intertoto?

Archived