Fan Day - 12 Goal Thriller and board not pleased (what the ....)

I am Bury and just had a fan day to boost attendances in a league game against Carlisle. I decided to go for the attacking flair so that it could help with attendances. I broke my teams goals record by scoring 7 and high scoring game by winning 7-5 (12 goals for those of you rubbish at maths).

Had to laugh then when I was told by the board that the match would not be boosting attendances as it was somewhat disappointing....

What the hell is that all about?

i have blocked text to protect my celebrity status and not to drop player names for all you wannabe great managers.

I think there is no link at all between a great match and attendances sadly. Shame! :mad:

crazymatchlu4.jpg

crazymatch1oi4.jpg

Well Mark, (:p) it's been the same for me too, had several fan days, where the matches have been great and the attendance has been up on the season average, but the board says it isn't a success, and FWIW I haven't seen any marked improvement following them so they may well have been right

BTW, in future just nickname yourself your forum username before taking the screen shot, makes life a lot easier :thup:

Anyone else find it funny when someone blocks out their name?

Shot in the dark here, but is your first name Mark?

I think you will find his 2nd name to be Charlton, people always forget the bottom of the screen

While I agree the nickname idea works Mark, I think you should be credited for observing the forum rules about no player naming and also descriptive thread titles:thup:

As for your fan day thing, I am yet to experience one but I would imagine the board would expect you to win comfortably. Granted you won but you still conceeded 5 goals. I think a 3-0 would have done you more favours unfortunately :(

As for your fan day thing, I am yet to experience one but I would imagine the board would expect you to win comfortably. Granted you won but you still conceeded 5 goals. I think a 3-0 would have done you more favours unfortunately :(

TBF Huw, I have won fan days convincingly with clean sheets and the board still said they thought it was a waste of time. I don't think it is a bug or anything though, more maybe just a slight oversight?

TBF Huw, I have won fan days convincingly with clean sheets and the board still said they thought it was a waste of time. I don't think it is a bug or anything though, more maybe just a slight oversight?

Ah rite! Ive not had one yet so I wouldnt know!

What is a "fan day" then?

Ah rite! Ive not had one yet so I wouldnt know!

What is a "fan day" then?

A fan day is just something the board does to try to boost the clubs profile and therefore, hopefully, future attendances. I think the tickets are cheaper or something like that, never really paid too much attention to the details TBH :p

Archived