Does Anyone enjoy managing in Northern Ireland/the republic

I guess I should be fairly careful with my words here seeing as I am replying to an Ulsterman, but I've had a coupla goes in the NI Premier, but I just couldn't into it like I can normally when I play a game

I can't really pinpoint exactly what was feeding my apathy for the league but I just couldn't maintain the game beyond the 2nd season

its like walking on eggshells;) but i was mainly talking about the fact that when you get a decent squad you can get up the leagues kinda quick and then build a squad for europe whereas scotland(celtic and rangers) and england(the big four) are more difficult, which in some ways are more of a challenge, but getting a small team into europe would be fun, the same as wales.

i usually go for linfield which is my local team or queens university which is not all that for from me either, but it makes it enjoyable because alot of other games dont include the irish league ie. fifa on games consoles.

its like walking on eggshells;) but i was mainly talking about the fact that when you get a decent squad you can get up the leagues kinda quick and then build a squad for europe whereas scotland(celtic and rangers) and england(the big four) are more difficult, which in some ways are more of a challenge, but getting a small team into europe would be fun, the same as wales.

Oh yeah, I do enjoy that aspect of the game, similar to taking a BSS/N team to the EPL for example, but for whatever reason I couldn't get into this mindset in the NI league, like I said, I tried a coupla times but it just weren't doing it for me :p

Just outta interest, what team is it that you play with in this league? I tried with Linfield, they seemed to have a decent(ish) squad so thought I could lead them to victory but failed :(

EDIT: Just seen your edit lol

In FM08 I managed Chimney Corner, QUB, Bohemians and Kildare County although the static league rep does kind of put me off doing it but I still give it a go.

EDIT: By the way I see you just responded to Matt SFC. Going by his recent posts it is better to just ignore him me feels. :thup:

I am playing with queens university belfast and due to a takeover i got improved training and youth facilities and after 3 seasons got promoted from the bottom league and spent one season in league one befoare getting in to the premier league although i did get some gems through the youth system early on which propelled me to my curent position:D

i think so too

Although i did go for a few seasons with sporting fingal and it was a very good save

In FM08 I managed Chimney Corner, QUB, Bohemians and Kildare County although the static league rep does kind of put me off doing it but I still give it a go.

EDIT: By the way I see you just responded to Matt SFC. Going by his recent posts it is better to just ignore him me feels. :thup:

Had a feeling you would pop up in this thread ;)

At bertilak: Ah now a takeover makes things much more interesting lol. No idea why but this thread seems to have wiped the memory of the tedium I felt for playing in Ireland, I may give it another go soon, see if I can lead a bunch of Irish blokes to immortality :D (although I will probably fail again and blame you :p)

That was a wonderful anecdote

Look mate, I have already reported you twice tonight for your ridiculous spamming, in fairness it could have been a whole lot more, so I suggest you go to bed, sleep off whatever crap is making you post this way and hope to yourself that you aint got banned for being an idiot

for jod: i seen in the forums last year, when someone got bored of a save they left it for a while so i started to try that, it kinda works.

for ftg87: in my save it was a very little investement for most clubs but for mine it was the second coming of jesus, we are still losing money and i am unwilling to sell my best players as i feel we will get in to europe and gain much sucess, but i hope it takes he same directon in other saves for many others.:thup:

also please ignore matt sfc:thdn: i have no idea who he is and no need to know.

My 1st post on the forums was me starting a story in the stories forum with me managing QUB. It did not progress very far mainly because I lost interest in FM as a whole at that point.
Had a feeling you would pop up in this thread ;)

At bertilak: Ah now a takeover makes things much more interesting lol. No idea why but this thread seems to have wiped the memory of the tedium I felt for playing in Ireland, I may give it another go soon, see if I can lead a bunch of Irish blokes to immortality :D (although I will probably fail again and blame you :p)

Am really enjoying a savegame with Bohemians at the moment. Bringing youth through and trying to keep hold of them and then selling them off is good fun and a fairly good challenge.

i think its good , even if u dont get european football u get the setanta cup which always gives some cash in to the bank.

most of this has popped up in the wrong area.

Archived