Players under 24 years-old who reach...

... the end of their contracts and have not been offered new deals of greater or equal terms, can move elsewhere for no compensation.

Is there something wrong with me because I have no idea what the above actually means? If a 24+ finishes a contract he is still not allowed to move club? That would still be a contractual obligation, something of which he has just finished surely?

Odd rule.

If the player is 24 or under and he is not offered a deal which is as good or better then his current one by his current club he can move to another team for no compensation. If hes offered a deal which is better and should he still agree to join another team then you will be compensated. 24+ players have no compensation matters

simple? or did i complicate it more :p

You just stated what the game stated :p What I want to know is that if a contract ran out, why the hell would you have to pay compensation (regardless of age) ?

The contract ran out...

player no longer has obligations to the club...

but i must compensate the club...

for the player who is no longer contracted to them... :thdn:

this was implemented so that the bigger teams can't just take a 19yr old future prospect from a smaller team without paying a fee. It's supposed to help the lower league teams, but can work against them too! if you try to sign a 22yr old who is in the Man U reserves and out of contract, he doesn't want to leave coz he's getting top line training, but the club don't see a future for him, but again, don't release him, can end up costing you a fair bit!

Archived