Wages: Board makes no sense

I'm currently the manager of Thurrock in the Blue Square South. In my effort to win promotion my current wage total is over 400,000 DKK (danish kroner, about equal to 40 £), while my wage budget is only around 270,000. Naturally, the board is quite unsatisfied with how I'm performing economically (otherwise very satisfied).

Here's the thing: I want to hire a new coach. When I approach to sign him it says that the board will allow me to offer up to 5,500, but I only offer him 1,900. When he agrees to the contract, the deal gets cancelled by the board, because they fear it might bust my wage budget. So why did they tell me they will allow wages up to 5,500, when they can't even handle 1,900???

Btw, I'm still on FM 08.

Yeah I hate this. It was the same in '07.

It lets you offer contracts to staff, it lets them accept the deal but then it says "no". Why can't the board just give me their decisions earlier and save me the hassle of offering contracts!

It's the same for signing young players that have agreed to stay at their current club until 17. The game lets me offer a contract only for the player to stay at his current club until 17, which is understandable, but the game shouldnt let me offer a contract.

It's lazy programming!

130,000 over your wage budget and you want more staff? Hmm, i wonder why the board stopped you signing more staff!

Yeah but why be able to offer people contracts in the first place if the board will reject everytime due to the financial status?

130,000 over your wage budget and you want more staff? Hmm, i wonder why the board stopped you signing more staff!

I actually just wanted a replacement for my former coach, whos contract expired and he left the club when he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Archived