Tight Board

This is perfectly normal, the board may have earmarked some of the money for other things, especially if your wage bill is a bit high.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying its a little tight on them though.

Everton were told they had £17m to spend in the summer plus sales (£10m for AJ). They spent a fraction of that and now they have nothing for the Jan window. I suppose using that as a yardstick, a club in financial unstability is likely to hold back on funds, rather than doing a Leeds and gambling an investment.

Man, that is tight.

Salary budget - Are you above, equal or below the board's budget?

Currently its possible to offer players to other clubs at values above their perceived valuation that will interest some players

Still I was only going to get between 5-20% of player sales I wouldn't bother selling

Some other tips to help (sorry if you are already aware:

1) reduce your salary bills - offer older players rotation or back-up status at a reduced salary and zeroise the cash payment

2) set up loads of home friendlies against bigger clubs to generate more income

3) If a small club ask board to be a feeder club - hopefully there is a local big club

Salary Budget

Oops, yeah I am 2.5k over it.

Aha - Thats exactly why. They will forecast a salary spend total until the end of the season then check current bank balance and aim to end the season at worst breaking in even

In your case they are forecasting going into debt and so have indicated they'll keep a large % of transfer fee's to help maintain a healthy bank balance. Its good AI really to help clubs avoid debt or bankruptcy

When I negotiate player salaries, if internal I always try to barter them down. If new players then if you are the only who has offered a transfer fee then try to barter them down also

Often they will accept else haggle a bit with you

As a good idea to do this even when managing a Premier club

Hope this helps

Aha - Thats exactly why. They will forecast a salary spend total until the end of the season then check current bank balance and aim to end the season at worst breaking in even

In your case they are forecasting going into debt and so have indicated they'll keep a large % of transfer fee's to help maintain a healthy bank balance. Its good AI really to help clubs avoid debt or bankruptcy

When I negotiate player salaries, if internal I always try to barter them down. If new players then if you are the only who has offered a transfer fee then try to barter them down also

Often they will accept else haggle a bit with you

As a good idea to do this even when managing a Premier club

Hope this helps

Yeah that's great. In the middle of a game at the moment, but when I come out I will try and see if I can reduce that wage bill.

I was surprised, playing FM07 the other day, when my Haverfordwest board cancelled a transfer (that was due to happen when the summer window re-opened) that I agreed because it would exceed the club's wage budget. I've never seen that before - previously I've only ever seen the board vastly restrict what I am allowed to offer a new player when I am over budget.

Archived