Direct freekicks

jsl

I would like it if it was possible to tell my players NEVER to try to shoot from a free kick. I'm in the Championship and I've now gone for about 1.5 seasons without scoring a SINGLE goal from a DFK, so it feels silly how the players waste those great chances by just shooting the ball high and wide every time. So just an idea, you should be able to tell your players to always pass or cross from a free kick, never shoot.

Agreed :) You should be able to select what players should do for a free kick in each of, say, six segments of the opposition half (e.g., Segment 1, cross 75% pass 25%, Segment 2, shoot 50% pass 50%, Segment 3 shoot 75% cross 25%).

Definately needs to be put in, pretty fed up of my players trying their luck from 40 odd yards and missing every time when they'd have been better of crossing.

I agree with OP. My players waste so many opportunites around the area when I think- just pass the damn ball this time but no.

Idea for future releases is a training ground style option where you can work on set piece routines with your team so you can instruct them on new free kick methods

Like Sheff Utd tried a few years ago (Middlesbrough in FA cup), you could come up with crazy free kicks and see if they work or not.

Agreed :) You should be able to select what players should do for a free kick in each of, say, six segments of the opposition half (e.g., Segment 1, cross 75% pass 25%, Segment 2, shoot 50% pass 50%, Segment 3 shoot 75% cross 25%).

That's an excellent idea sir.

totally in favour of this

because i send my big centre backs up into the box for free kicks, a lot of the time rather than shooting my free kick taker will square it to a centre back who'll either send it over the bar or play it back to my own keeper

id also like to distinguish a keepers distribution between goal kicks and when he has the ball in his hand

Archived