Role Play

Much as I enjoy finding success using my own personas I've always wondered why there isn't the option to play as the current manager at the club you choose to be, favoured personnel, manager history, profile stats and all the rest to boot.

In past years in the FM/CM series I've occasionally even felt a bit bad about kicking out the resident manager each New Game because of being quite fond of them.

Good/Bad/SuggestedBefore,SearchTheForumsYouPleb idea?

Good/Bad/SuggestedBefore,SearchTheForumsYouPleb idea?

I'm going for option 2 :p

Personally, don't like the idea of that, I see FM as a chance to make myself into a top manager akin to the ones already in employment at the top clubs, rather than actually playing as one of them

I dont like the idea of being a current manager but I do think we should be able to edit our own history a little bit. For example I am Sunderland manager but would have liked to create my manager as being youth team manager at Crewe from 1995-2001 then reserve team manager at Sunderland from 2001-2008. That way the press could say Sunderland board have decided to stick with what they know and have appointed their reserve team manager Ant as the first team manager, despite not having managed at the top level before Ant is familiar to the Sunderland fans and players alike, the only question is can he step up tot he big time.

Would add a bit of a back story for the character, would be good fun.

Archived