When managing youth teams...

Does anyone else enjoy this kind of managing? I love playing my U18/U19/U20 team since I remember and I also remember how those matches looks like with older versions of FM/CM. What's the point of my post? I want to ask if somebody noticed ridicolous goals in those matches? I saw few goals (after 3 matches) that can't be scored by my first team players... they are just awesome. Cross that landed in goal after hitting crossbar, shoots from really small angle, I am very impressed. I used to play Barca style (which is really hard in FM09), but my youngsters don't seem to be confused and I scored 2 goals in last match after actions that moved from my box to opponent's box within 5 seconds, their defenders were confused and too slow. I am not sure, but I don't think I have super uber youth team :D anyway, does anybody else noticed great matches played by youth teams?

Yes, I find it very interesting as to get another perspective of things, especially since the players are so relevant to your club. I haven't done it in FM 2009 yet, though ...

About the performance of your youth team - it sounds nice, but remember that often your youth team will face really sucky teams, making them look much better.

i always try and find players for my youth team so end up having a dominant youth side that always win the league by miles.

Me too - often my squad's average age is 19 - I have a 'normal' 1st team squad but scoop up 40-50 kids! However, the OP was talking aobut watching their games - can't say I do that.

I always manage and watch my youth team and reserve team same as my first team. Every team also is using the same tactics. Whenever I want to test a new tactic I first test it with the reserves team, before implementing it to my youth or 1th team.

Archived