Problem with FM08 and 09

While I was playing FM09 I got a box appear that said, "Football Manager 2009 has run out of Virtual Memory and will need to close." I thought fair enough and loaded it up again just incase it was a one off but it happened again.

Today I installed FM08 while my laptop is getting fixed and just after I had finished my first friendly I got this error message again. "Football Manager 2008 has run out of Virtual Memory and will need to close."

What's going on and can anyone help?

Cheers guys.

Increase the size of your virtual paging file.

You can do this by following this path:

Right Click on My Computer and select Properties. Select the Advanced tab and under Performance click Settings. Select the Advanced tab and under Virtual memory select Change.

Virtual memory mimics RAM but uses HDD space, so be careful how much you increase it by.

Increase the size of your virtual paging file.

You can do this by following this path:

Right Click on My Computer and select Properties. Select the Advanced tab and under Performance click Settings. Select the Advanced tab and under Virtual memory select Change.

Virtual memory mimics RAM but uses HDD space, so be careful how much you increase it by.

I am currently using 288MB of Virtual Memory and the maximum I can use is 576MB. What should I increase it to?

I wouldn't say that you could run more leagues but you are likely to witness a very small performance increase. By that I don't mean the game would necessarily run any noticeably quicker or allow larger games but it would help prevent the game from using up too much RAM and use the RAM and the Virtual memory slightly more efficiently.

Thanks for confirming that for me, I kinda thought that would be the case, but thought I'd check to make sure before messing with pc settings I don't really know anything about...will defo keep that in mind though in case I do end up running out of memory in my 09 save.:thup:

(although getting sacked and starting a new save is probs much more likely, given my recent run of bad form).:o

Archived