Text in skin is white, and I can't find a cache folder.

The cache folder is just a normal folder called cache. It is in the location C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009.

You will need to have hidden files visible. Do this by going to options and enabling them.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

To enable hidden files:

In the window where you are looking at the folders, click on tools on the menubar. Then click on folder options. Next on the window that appears, click on the view tab at the top. now one of the options you should see is "Show hidden files and folders" so click that. Then click apply and ok. Now you should be able to see the application data folder like I said above. Let me know how you get on. :)

Hope that helps :)

Press F10 mcgee

This time quoting rather than copying and pasting. :p

You got a few before me as well. I just did not post when I saw it. :D

Pfft OK fair enough, I'll stop complaining now and just wait for you to help people out and then just say " Yeah do what jod said to do" as I have done several times already tonight :p

i cant be bothered to ask someone to fix my white text.....i followed all the instrcuctions too....

best bet would be to play with the 08 skin...thats what i'm doing

and i like 08 skin more than 09 anyway.

I'm also playing with the 08 skin - following all of the instructions (deleting Sports Interactive roaming folder, unticking cache skin, reloading skins, etc.) didn't work for me.

i cant be bothered to ask someone to fix my white text.....i followed all the instrcuctions too....

best bet would be to play with the 08 skin...thats what i'm doing

and i like 08 skin more than 09 anyway.

I don't know whether I should post this or not but you didn't follow all the instructions. I was helping you and then you just gave up which can be seen from the post below. If you want help just pm me and I will do my best. :thup:

thankyou for your help.....my brain is not big enough or bothered enough to do this....i guess i'll just have to play with steklo skin....thankyou for your time...sorry

cheers

Found the problem.

I deleted my skins folder from my documents.

Vista path

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

then deleted cache folder from

vista

c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

xp

c:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Started game and - problem solved.

Archived