A question regarding possible instructions for players.

I am just way too tired to comment on all the things that are bugging me, and to explain - from my point of view - why it would be hard for SI to make some radical changes to the game engine.

I'll just ask one question. You can consider it to be rhetorical and phrased like a whole post; don't let yourself be confused.

We have a system where, if you tell a player to stay on the first post during attacking corners, he will stay there; if he is the corner taker and is still given order to attack first post, he will take the corner and no one will take his place. Ok. There is no simple (or either functional way) to tell AM R\L to cut inside. Go figure. Can I tell my players not to cross if there is not a single tall player at the given moment in the area? I know of just one football player in the history who was blind, still not completely.

I was reading news this morning; LFC might be bringing Heskey again. Excellent news, I'm thinking! But not when I've turned my mind to FM. There is no way to utilitize Heskey (or Kuyt, when we are at it) in FM with such a big club like Liverpool is; there are other players who - in FM, of course - will be twice as useful, just because their other stats are better. Kuyt's workrate and off the ball intelligence and half useful in the game.

My question is related to match engine, obviously.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for :confused: From what I can make out you want to have specific tactics to take advantage of different players particular attributes, in which case, it's upto you to create them and make the alterations during the match.

Like I said, it was a rhetorical question. I know how to do it, but DMaster2 hit the nail on the head - there is not a simple (normal) way to do it, you need to do tricks, which still won't work as intended.

It was a question to SI - why is that so, is it going to be different in near future etc. Too many questions.

Archived