FM 08 New Team to be

Hi Guys,

I havent been on the forum in a while and i played the demo a while back but was kind of dissapointed with it so I will not buy the game until next year at the earliest. However, I really want to get into Football Manager 2008 again as much as i got into 2007, and the problem is that i cant seem to manage anybody until i find it too easy/hard. I have managed the big teams in the premier league but found that too easy and not a challenge at all. I have tried dafuge's challenge but found it too tedious and too hard for my liking. So I was wondering whether anyone could propose to me a team which is a challenge (and is ideal for a long save) but isnt very hard either.

Thanks.

Well i am going to start a game today - English teams are my preference (ive only actually managed real madrid outside england) but i dont mind suggestions from foreign leagues. Just tell me the league rules with any foreign team suggestions and i will decide whether its good for me.

I made a game with Parma(I love their history, remember the good old days where they had Buffon, Thuram, Amoroso, Cannavaro and Crespo?O boy:))

Anyways, Parma is good fun. Their currently playing in the Serie B of Italy. It's not really a challenge to promote to the Serie A, but once in it it's quite tough. You're really building for the future. With good scouting and some good youngsters you can get far.

I dare you to finish between 10th - 14th in your first year in the Serie A.

And your 2nd year in A you could be able to finish 5th as a real good challenge(Really hard)

Good luck if you choose it. I can guarantee you it's great fun :)

I actually have managed stevenage as they are (sort of) my home town and i have always never got into it - any suggestions squall8uk?

Well, the best tactic for me was always the 4-1-3-2 formation, just get in a good defensive midfielder. Since you get a good budget at the start, that shouldn't be too hard. It also helps to get another decent striker in as well to accompany morro ;). Always done me some good.

If you want a fun save try the Ukranian League, or Belrussian League. Pick a team in the highest league that has good finances. You'll find that you can usually do really well in the league competition and as time goes on win it quite easily but when playing in the Euro Cup it will be quite the struggle.

I'm playing as Dinamo Minsk right now, and having a blast.

As for the rules you can have 5 foreign players in Belarus, and 7 in Ukraine. For local players as far as I can tell the following nations are considered national: Ukraine, Russia, Khazakstan, Belarus, and there might be others as well. Also there aren't a crazy number of teams in those leagues 15 so they make for reasonably quick seasons which is ideal for a long game.

Archived