Why all the draws? Can't seem to win?

This is my about 9th season of playing CM/FM and have always really enjoyed them, this one included. However every year there always seems to be one or two things that prove to be annoying and frustrating. This season for me it seems to be the struggling strikers and the inability of my team to win a match, they really like drawing them apparently?

Ive played 13 matches in the prem in my first season so far, have won 6, drawn 6 and lost 1. As a result i find myself struggling to keep up with the leaders. Whilst im happy that im not actually losing my matches it is very frustrating that i can't seem to get 3 points, especially against the lesser teams. Some of my results include a 0-0 away at Hull, 0-0 at home to West Brom, 1-1 at home to Middlesbrough and a 2-2 away at Sunderland. It is not for lack of trying either, i play attacking football and have tried tweaking tactics here and there and when making subs and changes to try and win a match i always try to do it with a good 20 mins to go so to let them have an affect. It is a mix of my team struggling to hold on to a lead as well as a team who have to play catch up, which has been the case in some of 2-1 wins, coming from behind.

This thread is kind of a bit of random rant as it is very infuriating to me and also a thread to see to if anyone has has similar problems and to see if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

Whether it's a genuine problem or not, I don't know, but I'm having a similar experience. Have played a full season in Italy, so far and am finding it incredibly difficult to score goals. Have played 34 matches and 15 have ended in a draw.

While I'm happy that I'm not shipping boat loads of goals (conceded least in division), it does seem that my strikers are goal-shy (scored 4th least in division).

I know that it can be solved by adapting my tactics, but I'm sure that my setup could and should yield more than it is. I'm playing a series of 442 tactics, based on the TT&F theories and it's very rare for me to score two or more goals.

BTW I'm quite happy to be told that it's not an issue with the game and I'm certain that I'll find a way to make my team perform better in future (it may even be just one of those things that will improve on it's own), just thought I'd post my similar experience, just in case a pattern should emerge... :D

I'm having this problem, managing crewe, played 6 league games, drawn 6 - all but one were 1-1 draws. I suppose this is successful if we compare to real life!

But in the cups I've played 3, won 2, lost one!

I need to study the tt&f in more detail.

This thread is kind of a bit of random rant as it is very infuriating to me and also a thread to see to if anyone has has similar problems and to see if anyone has any suggestions?

I'd love to get draws, seem to always win or lose. Lost out on the league due to the top team getting more draws than me (I won more matches, they lost less!).

same problem here.

started a game in the Argie 2nd Division first 10 games, lost the first then had 9 draws on the trot, then lost to a 30 yard screamer, their only shot of the match. Then quit and started a new save

I have looked at the tactics bible, but it is more strikers not taking chances and when they finally score not being able to maintain a lead.

Ive managed to tweak with my tactics and not getting as many draws as i did last season when i was in league 2.

im currently in 5 posision in league 1 with bradford and half way through the season. Still think this version of FM is easier than 08

In my 1st season in the prem i finished 5th as chelsea, why? too many draws. my second season i go UNBEATEN IN THE WHOLE SEASON, still dont win the title though, TOO MANY DRAWS! iv tried the same succesful tactics i used in 08 and some new one's but apparently no one likes to score these days!!?? and still too many injuries/ knocks. now bring on the ' jus cos ur chelsea...... blah blah' arguments.

In my game as Crewe I'm getting the draws but I'm having lots of chances so I'm sure its the tactics that need tweaking. Also brought in a lot of new players from different countries so I'm hoping its taking a few games for them to gel too.

Archived