Board Concerns. What Im Confused ?????

Well I assume it means exactly as it says; before you took over people obviously thought more of the club. Perhaps you haven't been performing as well as the club/fans/everyone else expects and it's made the club look bad, or perhaps you haven't covered yourself in glory with the media and it has led to the club gaining a bad image.

i have over achieved if anything i am yeovil Town and in my first season i was predicted to hover around relagation which i did finishing 20th then in my second season my exppectation where the same and i finished 10th and in my 3rd season i was predicted mid table and finished 13th and just started my 4th i am confused. I dont really use the press much only when i can be arsed cus they get boring after a while just dont make sense to me! Will i get the sack?

"I guess the club retutation decreased which is what the board worry about. May I assume that this is in your club stature comment line"

It was in montly performence news :thup:

Hopefully you won't get the sack, but you never know.

One thing you mentioned is that you don't really use the press, this could be considered a bad thing and a lack of respect for the press could lead to them and other managers not thinking much of you, which in turn will affect their perception of the club. That might sound a bit of a stretch, but in previous games there was a "media interaction" attribute for human managers, and the board would become upset if you didn't handle the media in an appropriate manner.

well i have now started using the press and my current manager stats are :-

Club / Player Loyalty = 6

Domestic Player Bias = 15

Fiancial Control = 5

Hands on = 4

Disapline = 15

Tactical = 13

Ahhh and i noticed club stature = Very Poor :thdn:

And my security has gone from very secure to stable !

The Board are Ashemed to show there Faces in public due to the damage i have inflicted :( How do i improve this

Oof. Well club/player loyalty is poor, and financial control and hands on approach, that's pretty bad. Sounds to me like you've been applying for other jobs or selling loads of players, not handled you budget very well and going on holiday/letting your assistant do things a bit too much.

I'm not surprised they want rid :p

You need to sort your finances and start taking control of more aspects of the club, you could also do with being a bit more loyal to your club and players i.e. not so many sales/signings or applications for other jobs.

At the moment you're a disloyal, debt ridden, lay about who lets others do his work, so no wonder the club isn't held in the same regard as when you took over :D

i dont go on holiday have not at all and nether do ! my assiant does alot of team talks but i pick the team and do everything this season is the only time i have been over my wadge budget and i have been signing players on free transfers and selling quite a few but i have been selling players i get on a free for like 300k :thup: and the board take it all since i have been at the club i have spent £0 all free transfers. I have only applied for one job and that was during a very very bad patch but that was 2 seasons ago ! my club are not in debt they have 500k but i am 4k over my wage budget !

ps And i am manager of bosnia atm as well as yeovil

Unfortunately, what you consider ok isn't necessarily considered ok by your board. Being over the wage budget even for the first time, might be a step too far for the board, similarly that one application might be treason in the eyes of your board. Letting your ass man take team talks and press conferences will always adversely affect your hands on approach

Chairmen, like players and managers, have attributes that affect how they approach/react to certain things. One chairman might look at your record and let you away with being over wage budget, whereas another might be more interested in the finances than team progression. In other words, you could have managed a different team in exactly the same way and your position would be fine, but the Yeovil board obviously think differently.

• 9 years later...

Archived