Stadium Backgrounds

I remember back in the early championship manager games the home teams statium picture would appear in the background during the game (dont know if they still do, dont play PC FM). Would this be something possible to implement in future PSP versions?

It added an extra spice to the game when you where in the bottom league and you drew the Man Utds and Liverpools away in the cup or played at Wembley.

*this is not a suggestion just a question*

Mate, you have touched on something close to my heart! I remember that too on a PC version liong ago. And then the next year's version all the stadiums were gone and they had less pictures and they were all generic. I LOVED having those stadium pics there but I'm sure Marc is gonna respond that that would be more than a PSP could handle.

I remember those days ............... I believe they disappeared for licensing reasons. Its the same with player pictures. The images are property of the respective club they play for.

Fifa games tend to buy the rights which is why all the badges, stadium shots and player pictures appear in their games. (Except MLS). This means that other games cannot use these images. Pro Evo and FM have to make do without the Premier logos backgrounds and pictures.

FMH have allowed for logos to be added without officially endorsing them. They rely on the community to produce them.

Would be nice for the backgrounds to be allowed ..... Im sure the community would oblige with the relevant stadium shots.

• SI Staff

I loved them too - was gutted when we had to remove them.

Simply put the legal situation with using such photo's changed and made it impossible for us to continue using them, we limped on for one version (CM00-01) using some photos which a few kind clubs gave us permission to use, but have since tried alternative backdrops.

(but yeah I still kinda miss the stadiums myself ;) )

Simply put the legal situation with using such photo's changed and made it impossible for us to continue using them, we limped on for one version (CM00-01) using some photos which a few kind clubs gave us permission to use, but have since tried alternative backdrops.

is that why you dont include stadium names in the game? because that would be deadly :D

• SI Staff
is that why you dont include stadium names in the game? because that would be deadly :D

No stadium names are still present in the PC version, the only reason they're not in the PSP game is that names take up a heck of a lot of memory.

With 'first/second/common' names of players for instance out of 690kb of database (english only league setup) the names are 100kb of data (ie. a fair whack of it) and thats with them being stored in a memory efficient format (ie. hash table with duplicate names removed etc.).

As such we chose not to have stadium names present in the game and instead squeeze a few extra players into the game ..

How about the ability to implement our own photo's like we do team/competition logo's, Would this be do-able?

Say you are browsing teams and you select Everton, Could their ground appear as a picture in the background, or even their squad photo or an enlarged picture of thier crest. The same pic would also appear when they are playing an home game!!

I maybe being abit too optimistic, if it was possible i guess you would already have alternate backgrounds in the game. If it was possible, this would by far be the greatest feature of the FMH series.

Archived