Club Stature

I'm managing Vauxhall Motors, who were predicted to come last in Blue Square North, i managed to finish 1st and get them promoted, as soon as July 1st comes around, the board go from been delighted to thinking i should be performing better and claim that the club is not held in good stature (which is true) but the stature has gone from good to poor in the space of day, anyone know why this is? is it a bug? or have i done something wrong.

Thanks in advance..

It's clearly wrong, but I wouldn't call it a bug, more an oversight. You're probably now considered the worst team in your league by quite a long way in terms of reputation/stature and the board of automatically decided that they don't like it, without considering that it is as a result of your last success last season that you are now in a different (higher) league, and with no doubt a higher rep/stature than you had before getting promoted. Or it might actually be supposed to be like that, in that the board don't think that the club is big enough to attract the kind of the players that you would need in the new league. Which of these, if either, is the case, I don't know, but these little niggles are often seen with new features, I think you're quite lucky that this one probably won't have a material effect on your game and you can carry on like normal as if wasn't there.

If you get promoted again the stature will always be bad as you will be odds on for relegation! It seems like the board need a reference point. I.e how much have we gained in rep since last season! Surely being tipped for relegation in the prem is better than being tipped for promotion in league 2? (for example!)

if I do lower league management I usually only drop to league 2 most. Do you enjoy starting right down at the bottom? I may have to try this.

Yeah starting at the very bottom is a challenge, vauxhall were predicted last of blue square north so are the worst team (along with the team in blue square south) playable in the english leagues. I started FM08 as York. But i thought it would be interesting to see how far i can take Vauxhall, like the champions league final for example!

I agree that the board needs a reference point and that it should be fixed in the next patch. The fact that i somehow managed to drag the team into the blue square premier was hailed as a miracle by the board. next thing they think I'm useless. Oh well, Guess i'll just have to get on with it. Angered me though, especially if i get sacked because of it. Imagine if a unfancied championship team (wigan a couple of seasons back) got promoted to the premier and suddenly because the club isn't as big as Manchester United the board sack the manager, hmmm. If it's not a bug, then its on the borderline. I am glad that its not a game destroying problem/bug, like the scottish league one in FM08. Now that was annoying.

• 7 months later...

I've got a Club Stature problem..

It's 2014, I'm Leyton Orient manager, I've dragged the club up a league and am about to go into the Premiership on an absolute shoestring - club can't expand ground beyonf 11,000 seats due to planning permission, so I'm definitely a selling club.

My confidence points are:

Stature: 13%!!

Competitions: 85%

Wages: 60%

Squad Harmony: 77%

The board are 'pleased' with my management, although they're concerned that the club is not being held in the same regard as before I took charge.

Net worth of team has risen from under 1m to around 15m, stadium and facilities all been improved, we're promoted, I've got a youth team who will be awesome in 3 seasons, a Brazilian international on the wing, from £0 to £5m in the bank, no discipline problems (my discipline score is 20).

Only thing I can think of is I've just taken the Ivory Coast job (it's late March 2014 and a world cup year!), could that cause my stature to drop so badly?

Also - signings. I work hard on my youth team and sign players for 2-3 years time. I get really poor 'signings' rep especially for 16 year olds signed as 'hot prospects' or 'youth'. Could this be related too, especially as each year I'm forced to sell my top players to bigger clubs?

Archived