This unlock key is already active

I've read through the forums, followed the instructions, uninstalled & reinstalled and i'm getting nowhere fast. What an absolute abortion this unnecessary process of having to activate a game has been. I bought this on Friday morning - now Monday night. Can anybody please give me any proper help before i just take it back & knock it on the head as pure rubbish?

I've read through the forums, followed the instructions, uninstalled & reinstalled and i'm getting nowhere fast. What an absolute abortion this unnecessary process of having to activate a game has been. I bought this on Friday morning - now Monday night. Can anybody please give me any proper help before i just take it back & knock it on the head as pure rubbish?

How did you register?

Hi

Originally through steam - which is rubbish, so uninstalled FM & steam. Now trying to activate in the 'normal' online activation but getting the said error message

reinstall steam and when you install fm through steam you will get an fm icon on the desktop right click the fm icon and run as administrator.

I done the same as you and when I reinstalled through steam I clicked run as admin and it worked fine.

They should not have offered activation through STEAM for people who bought a physical copy of the game...

It works fine in the majority of instances.

Have you tried:

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

I'm wondering if the fact that you originally installed via Steam is affecting your newer installations if you didn't de-auth. Try sending a PM to Muzchap - definitely his area of expertise....

It does not seem that the help here is very useful. I ve done everything i was told to do. I bought the game on Sat morning and im still finding it diffuclt to install. If i dont get any more help i think i might just return the game and get my money back..

Ab27

It does not seem that the help here is very useful. I ve done everything i was told to do. I bought the game on Sat morning and im still finding it diffuclt to install. If i dont get any more help i think i might just return the game and get my money back..

Ab27

what do you mean by tried everything?

Same story here, everywhere just says "uninstall and try again, it'll work fine" ********. I've been trying for 2 days straight now and have tried through STEAM about a dozen times and the other way loads as well, it just keeps saying key already active which is ***** cos it isn;t, or at least shouldn't be.

Is there nothing I can do?

Same story here, everywhere just says "uninstall and try again, it'll work fine" ********. I've been trying for 2 days straight now and have tried through STEAM about a dozen times and the other way loads as well, it just keeps saying key already active which is ***** cos it isn;t, or at least shouldn't be.

Is there nothing I can do?

I have exactly the same thing. I've tried uninstalling, deleting the certificate, reinstalling, using that cd key checker they have, doing phone activation, online activation... Nothing works. I've also submitted tickets to both SEGA and Steam and neither has gotten back to me.

Gotta say this leaves me with a pretty sour taste in my mouth about this whole process....

If you're struggling, could you please PM me with your ticket numbers and I'll see if I can get someone to help.

Cheers

Matt

Well it took another try and I dont think I did anything different, but it seems to be working now without prompting for the key. Thanks for the quick reply to help out anyway.

hi, i am having the same problem. had the game since it came out and still havent managed to get it going. had problems getting it to actually load up on computer at first, wasnt reading disk at first. then when i eventually got it to load up it came with message that i wasnt connected to internet, when i was! now saying that my activation code is already active!!! when i installed game through steam,should it be installed on my actual computer???because theres no file path or anything??my key code is correct and i have done what i have been told, just nothing seems to get it working!!!!i have had enough but i know i cant get a refund at Game as they are anal.please help me get it working

I finally gogmine going last night, I went to play it through STEAM and suddenly an option came up asking if I wanted to install via phone (it's when the soft anchor thing comes up) if that is there for you, click it and it makes sense. Otherwise contact SEGA cos the bloke there gave me a big list of things to do and codes, etc to delete that may be interfering with it

Although, I can't start it back up again without doing the phone thing so it still seems like a big hassle

Oh well, good luck mate

• 1 month later...
You should only need phone authorisation once. If it's repeatedly asking, CS will likely be able to solve this.

As I said - PM me with ticket numbers and I'll see what I can do.

I have PM'd you my ticket number...

Cannot connect to internet, i have visited the link you forwarded - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556 - and installed the cert still same problem. I have in-stalled re-installed, removed certs, switched off my Vista firewall and tried every fix i can find (up to 3 i think) and still no luck!! Also i am yet to see the option to authenticate via Phone when the SoftAnchor screen pops up...

Any help appreciated...Thanks :confused:

I think he means ticket number for your Sega customer support request as that is, theoretically, the first place you should go for help :)

Ahhh, well ive followed what links i can find so they can receive my individual issue direct, but i cant seem to find any sort of form/addy etc where i can let them know my details...any link would be of help...:)

One question about the registery, I had mine without a major problem. but I just wonder how long Steam will be supporting this product. I consider myself as a collector and always prefer boxed versions. FM is one of the franchise I like to see them sorted on my shelf and on installed on my machines. I usually change my gaming computer in every 30 months, and when I did last change I installed all the FM I have on the new machine starting from 05 despite I did not play anything but latest. Still it makes me feel good to have access to all the games and the rich databases. I wonder can I still install and register my FM 09 after 5 years. Lets say what will happen if Steam does not even exist on 2012 or maybe in an odd case maybe SI wont exist after some years, can I still play the game if there is no one to confirm my registery on the other side.

Ok i shall take a look thanks Jez...Ive messaged Matt @ Sega but i think hes enjoying some well earned time off at the mo and i don't blame him!...Guess im gona have to wait until an efficient fix is developed for people in my situation...

Well it took another try and I dont think I did anything different, but it seems to be working now without prompting for the key. Thanks for the quick reply to help out anyway.

People can be so ungrateful... if only people could follow instructions correctly 1st time!

Hey Matt i'm having exactly the same issues. It doesn;t seem to be the product key but an unlock code which is the problem I've done all the fixes suggested at least 3 times with no success and have emailed SEGA with the issue but had no reply.

The error message comes up when the game first starts and i'm getting no where fast.

If you could check up on my ticket with sega it would also be appreciated

Archived