Trial Day players...any success?

Anyone had any success at the trial days? I started out as gateshead in the blue square north and snaffled a striker called jo jo tubon. not brilliant in the first season10 goals but the team managed to win the league. But this season he's come into form hitting 11 in 22 and creating 5 more to help me to top of the conference. have to say loving the new match engine you can really see you're tactics shaping up.

You can really spot what's going wrong and right and tweaking to get the "perfect" tactic. I think i've got a good one at the mo having played 24 won 15 lost 4 and drew 5 with 40goals for and only 14 against. I sincerley believe this would not be possible in fm08 as it semed undoable to create a defensive tactic.

:thup: SI, lovin the game and I really can't understand the complaints about the match engine.

p.s I'm not getting to cocky as I know FM can bite you squarely on the bum when it comes to tactics! so much so i'm already developing a new one! :D

I picked up a 16 year old keeper for Alfreton, handling 14 reflexes 10 whacked him straight in the first team averaging 6.95 after 15 games, well pleased. Tried to get a couple of others, Owen Price included, but they wouldnt come. All still uncontracted as well and still even wont come on trial.

Archived