Language Suggestion

Hi. This is just a suggestion to SI for the game, which could maybe be included in the next patch.

I think that if you sign a foreign player out side of the transfer window who can't speak the language of the nation he'll be coming to, he should start learning as soon as the deal is concluded, instead of the current "not until he arrives".

The thought came to me when I signed a Brazilian for Reading on my game. I concluded the deal in mid-September, so he wouldn't actually arrive until January. His 'Player Happiness' was that he was looking forward to moving clubs. However, now he's here, my assistant says he has trouble fitting in becuase of the language barrier. Now, if that scenario were to happen IRL, then you just know that the player would be learning the language before he made the move. He had a full three and a half months to learn English, plenty of time to get the basics.

It's just a thought. It would help the game, in that there wouldn't be such a problem in terms of the language barrier, and also make it more realistic. What are your thoughts?

Archived