Battering Temas and conceeding!

Its Rediculous, happens far too often, dont tell me its my tactics cause it isnt.

I must have had 80 shots on goal this season, 7 games, and scored 10 goals

and my opponents have had 14 and scored 6.

Its fake, Stoke, Pompy, Hull, WBA just dont do it every game, starting to really annoy me.

This complaint has been raised ever since FM07, and as much as you don't want to hear it is down to the persons tactics 95% of the time.

This simple fact that not every one is effected by this issue should tell you that it's down to something you are or are not doing in the game.

Its Rediculous, happens far too often, dont tell me its my tactics cause it isnt.

How do you know its not your tactics thats the problem? The tactics that you used on FM2008 probably won't work without some major tweaking since the arrows were changed for this version. Have a look in the tactics forum for advice about fm2009 tactics.

Its fake, Stoke, Pompy, Hull, WBA just dont do it every game, starting to really annoy me.

I think you'll find that we won the FA Cup by doing it every game. Five 1-0s is not a fluke - it was a style of play forced on us by selling Benjani and Defoe being cup tied. It's called soaking up the pressure and believe me, some of those games the goal accounted for 50% of the shots on target or even 100%. As a manager it is your job to break down teams that play like that, they are not obliged to roll over and die.

Just out of curiosity, of those 80 shots, how many were clear cut chances?

The other thing to consider is that it is not the number of shots you have, but something within the setup of your back four that is allowing the opposition to be more efficient with their chances.

I'm afraid this is modern football and if you don't adapt to it then you will never beat the problem.

Archived