Im sick and tired

ok im sorry for what im going to write now but im in the same boat as most, meaning i installed the game with that steam crap, fine it instaled fine i understood what i was doing i then patched the game that was fine, I then played the game (3 matches) closed it and steam.

Upon trying to open the game up again i couldnt get back into it, my computer says Football manager 2009 is already running, ok granted onl AFTER cruising the forum to be told it might be running in the task manager, it was ok my bag my mistake. After 5 uninstalls and reinstalls im still getting the error and before anyone says i need to delete the folders i did NO TRACE OF STEAM AND FM so earlier i installed it again this timeNot using STEAM

and now im getting the error..what error?

this error

71971414fx2.png

I then get this sort of message 5 times

75363297yg2.png

now i know my computer can run it and ive scoured the forums for the respective answer and tried some options, im out of ideas and now think i shoud of stuck with 08 which i swaped in order to get 09,

Can somebody point me or even TELL ME what i need to do to get 09 working again ty

ok im sorry for what im going to write now but im in the same boat as most, meaning i installed the game with that steam crap, fine it instaled fine i understood what i was doing i then patched the game that was fine, I then played the game (3 matches) closed it and steam.

Upon trying to open the game up again i couldnt get back into it, my computer says Football manager 2009 is already running, ok granted onl AFTER cruising the forum to be told it might be running in the task manager, it was ok my bag my mistake. After 5 uninstalls and reinstalls im still getting the error and before anyone says i need to delete the folders i did NO TRACE OF STEAM AND FM so earlier i installed it again this timeNot using STEAM

and now im getting the error..what error?

this error

71971414fx2.png

I then get this sort of message 5 times

75363297yg2.png

now i know my computer can run it and ive scoured the forums for the respective answer and tried some options, im out of ideas and now think i shoud of stuck with 08 which i swaped in order to get 09,

Can somebody point me or even TELL ME what i need to do to get 09 working again ty

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

I Have now uninstalled the game and reinstalled it via steam and im still getting the errors,, seems like knowebody knows how to overcome this problem

WHAT IVE TRIED- so people cant get confused

1. Tried the above

2. INSTALLED the game and THE PATCH and played 3 games

3, unintalled the game and steam and reinstalled it

4. uninstalled it and reinstalled it NOT USING STEAM - Still no joy still get errors i noted above

Archived