Humble question

Hi, I would like to ask for some clarification if I may. I know tensions are high at the moment, and wouldn't by any means want to pour oil on fire so pls keep this flame free.

I bought FM2009 a couple of hours ago during lunch break. Then I came up here to read a few reviews about tactics and good-to-knows. But then started reading about all these installation things and got a bit confused. I read through a lot of posts and know about the o/0 problem. I used the link provided and wrote down my possibly correct code that I have to use. I'm also fine with waiting for the server to work again, hey I waited a year for this game a couple of hours/days won't hurt.

My question is, do I need internet to play the game? Because I don't have an internet connection at home, and this is my office laptop. I'm not allowed to (and can't) use it for anything other than work, so downloading anything on it is out of the question. So I have a copy of the game, will I be able to use it at home on my computer that doesn't have a net?

Thanks for anyone that can clarify this for me.

Ps: Maybe the info is out there somewhere, but it took me 30 minutes to post this thread as I guess the server is a tad bit overcrowded.

BUMP

Sorry about being pushy, but I believe someone from SI/Sega/mods must know the answer.

All I'm asking is a yes/no as to wether I can install and play my FM2009 boxed version on a computer that has no internet access. I'm finishing work soon, so an answer would be much appreciated, thanks.

u need to activate the game which i think most people are doing using a net connection (trying to do i should say looking at the forums), but this can be done over the phone, so technically u don't need an internet connection. it is advisable however to get the patch which would require you to download from somewhere. hope that helps.

Well, I am a Hungarian resident, and it would take me the price of the game itself to phone england for an activation.

As for the patch, well I can always go to the net café with a pendrive, that's ok with me. But if I can't install it, then I'm really lost as to what I can do.

Thank you for your help, I thrust what you say, but can someone else confirm this.

I think, things have cooled down enough... so once again, pls SI can you give me an answer.

I also wrote this in the official DRM Q&A, but didn't receive an answer there either... I think I've been quite polite aking this over-and-over again...

I think, things have cooled down enough... so once again, pls SI can you give me an answer.

I also wrote this in the official DRM Q&A, but didn't receive an answer there either... I think I've been quite polite aking this over-and-over again...

If your willing to go to a net cafe to download the patch, why not activate the game there too

Hi Daffius,

I had a similar problem. The game is on my laptop which was offline. I am afraid that after 48 hours of trying to phone activate, and having to check the code on the manual over and over agian, I had to get my laptop to connect to the internet. Sadly the phone activation DOES NOT WORK (in my experience). Is there anyway that you can connest your home PC to the intrernet, just to activate? It took me 30 seconds as soon as I was online.

This may sound like a real hassle, but:

Is it possible for you take the PC round to a mates house who has the internet and just quickly hook it up? I think if you authenticate it on his/hers internet it is still ok, as the I think it is the computer that registers the game.

Maybe try this? I had to go round to my Mum's house to connect to her wireless (easier on a laptop i know, but it should work for you).

Perhaps the phone activation works now? I wouldn't hold my breath though.........

Chapter who-knows-how-many of my misery!

This is now no longer a humble question!

I tried phoning an international number, but couldn't activate it. I AM NO LONGER WILLING TO MAKE OTHER INTERNATIONAL CALLS!!!!

No matter how much I want this game, it is utterly useless to me. I took it back to the store but they wouldn't give me a refund, stating that it is not damaged!

I want my money back, pls. I no longer want solutions (not as if I've been given any by SI nor Sega). It was not stated on my copy of the game cover, that I need an internet connection, nor was it stated that international calls have to be made on my part to start this game.

I think I've been polite enough for quite a while. SI/SEGA I need my refund! And I'm willing to take any action necessary!

PM me for further detail

Thank you

Ps: To the community, pls don't reply, this is not against you, and thanks for the help of those that tried.

Archived