please help! data editor....

wfc

If you've installed using Steam, the editor will be something like c:/program files/valve/steam/steam apps/[Your Steam Account]/Football Manager 2009/FM Editor 2009.exe

I don't have the game yet to check for myself, but it will be something along those lines.

When I try to run the data editor i get the following error message;

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Any tips/suggestions are most appreciated.

i had the same error as the original poster. when i tried to load the editor, i get an error message saying "Unable to load resources! Couldn't find the data folder!". I bought the game from asda this morning and have authenticated it using steam, if that helps.

i searched for the error message on the forums and found this thread, but i couldnt find an answer in this thread.

reinstalling the game is a last resort for me because with all the DRM fuss i dont really want to waste 2 installs in my first day of getting the game, so can someone please help??

i had the same error as the original poster. when i tried to load the editor, i get an error message saying "Unable to load resources! Couldn't find the data folder!". I bought the game from asda this morning and have authenticated it using steam, if that helps.

Same here.

Can anyone help when I load editor all it says is "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.". I don't want to keep installing game, due to 5 times only.

Had the same message and tried reinstalling, on both steam and uniloc, but still comes up with the same message?

Wouldn't recommend this by the way, takes f***in ages!

I have got the game but can't access editor either... mind due looking on my PC files i have two installed atm! One through Steam and one in location with all my files from boxed version - both come up with msg...

"C:\Programme Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Tools\data editor.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

I have reinstalled box version and still get the same message! Can't unistall steam!

Over 7 hours wasted today... what a joke this has become... i'm glad children in need was on... would rather have given my £30 to Wogan and co. Sort it out SI...

Archived