The best way to contact SI

I thought these forums might be the best way but it seems they are too busy at the minute so threads are just getting closed or missed. If I have a question that I can't find an answer to what is the best way to find an answer. I would really like to buy the game but can't afford to waste £30 if the patch doesn't fix the issues I am having with really jerky gameplay. All the email addresses are going unanswered (understandably as it must be very busy at SI towers).

Rather than just not buy the game for the first time in 12 years I would like to be able to get my question answered. Really sorry if I missed a thread on this subject but searching on here is nearly impossible due to the quantity of posts)

I thought these forums might be the best way but it seems they are too busy at the minute so threads are just getting closed or missed. If I have a question that I can't find an answer to what is the best way to find an answer. I would really like to buy the game but can't afford to waste £30 if the patch doesn't fix the issues I am having with really jerky gameplay. All the email addresses are going unanswered (understandably as it must be very busy at SI towers).

Rather than just not buy the game for the first time in 12 years I would like to be able to get my question answered. Really sorry if I missed a thread on this subject but searching on here is nearly impossible due to the quantity of posts)

Why dont you wait for the patch and read the change list, then compare them with people who have similar specs to you on the forum and see what they say, it probably means delaying buying the game for a day or so, but at least you can be sure

Why dont you wait for the patch and read the change list, then compare them with people who have similar specs to you on the forum and see what they say, it probably means delaying buying the game for a day or so, but at least you can be sure

That is a fairly good idea. Though it may not seem like it now I can probably wait a few extra days to get the full game!

The jerky gameplay could just be because you have low specs on your PC, not because there's a fault that can be fixed. Can you post your specs?

That is one of the reasons I was hoping for a patched demo. I can tell for sure then.

Specs are -

Time of this report: 11/4/2008, 21:03:17

Machine name: LAPTOP-2

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

System Model: F5N

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52 (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 1918MB RAM

Page File: 872MB used, 3210MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&SUBSYS_16921043&REV_A2

Display Memory: 825 MB

Dedicated Memory: 121 MB

Shared Memory: 703 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7628 (English)

DDI Version: 10

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/6/2008 12:07:00, 5890048 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4673-11CF-3F6E-993602C2CA35}

Graphics card is border line I guess but I think it is meant to play it ok.

Archived