laptop and 3d question

Right... couple of questions.

1) I have downloaded the demo onto my laptop from STEAM. its rather juttery but ive put that down to STEAM being internet based. However when i get round to playing a game it wont let me watch it in 3d. is this because my laptop is old and so the game just thinks it cant be arsed to even let me try 3d?

2) Is the game still worth buying if i cant watch in 3d?

Cheers guys

Well now you have me worried... Not that i have many eggs, but the ones i have were going into the STEAM basket. Bugger! Errrr, i just dont know what to do for the best! Shud i get game anyways and just turn 3d off? would that help? I feel so torn!

yeah, I'm running a laptop with

AMD Turion 64 x 2 2.0 Ghz

3GB RAM (Soon to be upgraded to 4GB)

NVidia GeForce 7000m

Vista Home Premium (Though considering stripping out and running XP SP2)

Had no issues whatsoever with the 3D view on my laptop, just think it depends on the spec that you run it at. I can run tons of full leagues (i.e 16 odd, I like to have as many leagues as possible on to scout players) on FM 08 with no bother using this laptop, but on my old 1GB, 1.6 GHz laptop, it struggled with 4 or more.

Mike - the jumpiness is nothing to do with Steam (once you've downloaded the demo it's running it from your hard drive just like the full game would), it's due to the specs of your laptop. The 3D engine requires vertex shader 2.0 and pixel shader 2.0 to run at all and if your graphics card doesn't support these then the 3D option won't be available to you.

To find out what graphics card you have...

start -> run then type dxdiag and go to the display tab and it'll be in the top left.

and the chap above tells you how to get your processor and RAM.

Archived