My thoughts and issues on Football Manager 09 demo

Ok i've been playing fm since 07 but i have been quite dissapointed so far with fm 09. I'll explain why. First of all it is very similar to fm 08. And how do you run the match in 3d? I cannot find the option. And what has happend to the player ratings??? Is it me or has everyones stats gone down?? There supposed to be improving. Adebayor scored 30 goals last season but hes finishing is still very poor and nicklas bentdner is much better without playing much. Also Juninho pernumbucano only has 17 free kicks??? Hes proabably the best in the world, his technique is brilliant and he can score many different types of free kicks, just look at them on youtube. Also what has happened to OScar Ustari?? HE was probably the best goalkeeper in the game in 07 and 08 but when i look at his stats in thhis one they are so low. WHy? Also why the hell is there no LULINHA?? He was one of the best in the last game, also no kerlon, celsinho the list could go on. Also too many injuries and even though my physio has 19/20 physiotherapy they do not predict the injuries correctly. Also what has happened to some peoples preffered moves?? Like Robinho used to have "Tries tricks" but on this one its not there. Another player that has deteriorated is Arturo Lupoli, he used to have 19/20 accelaration and 18/19 composure but now they are all under 15. Whats going on? And i've always wondered how do you guys decide on player stats?? How do you guys find out about players?? Do you use real scouts? There are other things that i wanted to say but i have forgotten, i will post them later, i would appreciate it if my questions can be answered, thank you

If your game does not run the 3D engine by default, it is most likely your machine is unable to run it, although you could try.

As far as player attributes, they are decided by voluntary researchers - if you have a problem with them raise them in the relevant thread in the data issues forum, the researchers are usually very good at replying to your queries.

If 3D isn't on by default, it's likely your graphics card is insufficient to run it.

The demo is also based on a quickstart with a small database, to keep the download size to a minimum - hence the missing players. SI have a massive global scouting network of volunteers who regular attend home games, some away games and some reserve games in order to be able to judge players in an unbiased manner and update attributes as appropriate.

'Tries Tricks' and some other PPMs were not utilised by the match engine in FM07 or FM08, and wouldn't have been for FM09 either, so they were removed.

I like the new player ratings, easier to notice the difference by using the decimal points.

Stats are always changing, depending on who does the research on it.

Some players won't be in because of the demo perhaps?

I think some of the PPM's were removed as their were doing nothing, Tries Tricks and Dictates Tempo iirc.

Archived