Man of the Match

Just wondering what your experience is in this.

I was sort of grudgingly accepting that goalscorers were generally going to get the award but I've just had a game where Deco won the MoM.

This was a game that we won 6-1.

Deco was the only player that scored two goals. The problem for me is; He was injured on the 19th minute.

While it was great he scored two goals within 20 minutes, players that lasted the whole match surely contributed more to be rewarded with attention? Deco only made 3 passes (100%) before getting injured.

Why not Bosingwa, who worked a lot more and assisted on two goals?

Are goals taking too much of a precedent in rating performance and MoM rewarding?

the game looks purely at the players stats, for instance, it looks at pass completion rate and goals scored, but assists and playing time count less (i'm not sure if this is true, i'm just suggesting a situation where your example could happen). i agree that this is very unrealistic, but for the game to truly judge MOTM like a human would, the equation (or programming) would have to be incredibly complex. to continue playing devil's advocate, i'd say that it wouldn't require too much improvement to choose a different MOTM for your example though

Archived