Advice Please!

Ok,

I need some advice from all you season pro gamers of FM!

I am getting it in the neck because yes I am spending too much time on FM and also it's making the laptop very slow so now am thinking about purchasing a PSP and getting the handheld game so I can stop getting moaned out and the missus can have her laptop back.

I have looked around and quite fancy the PSP Lite so is this the way to go. and also what about memory sticks as I know my laptop was stuggling so don't want that problem again.

So any advice would be really helpful as don't want to buy this and not be happy as looking around ebay etc they go for around £80.00 although the older ones are a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance

ad.

Welcome to the Forum :)

I am sure you will enjoy the PSP version of FM. Please note its not the same as the PC but its as close as you can get on a portable gaming device.

The memory cards are for storing your saved games and have no baring to the speed of the game running.

Keep us up to date how you are getting on with the game. :)

Hello, resident PSP genius here :p

I would say go for the PSP-3000 series but, if you want to save money, go for the PSP-2000 series. In terms of Memory Stick, a 1GB Pro Duo will suffice, as this can hold a large amount and array of files.

:)

Hello, resident PSP genius here :p

I would say go for the PSP-3000 series but, if you want to save money, go for the PSP-2000 series. In terms of Memory Stick, a 1GB Pro Duo will suffice, as this can hold a large amount and array of files.

:)

I think the 2000 series is the lite is this correct?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but what do you get with a basic PSP when you purchase one (i:e charger, case etc) and is there any hidden things I should be careful with before spending the dollars!

Looking on the forum someone posted the FM 2009 game for the PSP for under £20.00 so that sounds good.

Thanks LSD

ad

If you think that Custom Firmware is your sort o thing, make sure you grab a fat PSP or a Slim one. I've heard that the new 3000 ones can't be downgraded by any means yet known.

Plus the fact, I don't think there is much better about the new one to justify spending more money on.

Yeah!

Just purchased a new PSP Slim & Lite in Piano Black for £102.00 so a bargain as per the basic pack like you said LSD so now I need to get the FM09 game!

Will the game come on the 14th if I preorder it or is it wait and see?

Another question: Will the internal memory cope with the saving of the game or is it best to buy a Memory Stick?

Regards

ad

Yeah!

Just purchased a new PSP Slim & Lite in Piano Black for £102.00 so a bargain as per the basic pack like you said LSD so now I need to get the FM09 game!

Another question: Will the internal memory cope with the saving of the game or is it best to buy a Memory Stick?

Regards

ad

you will need a memory stick becuase there is no internal memory to save it on or not that im aware of.

if the only game your buying is football manager 2009, the 32Mb card that comes with it (as far as i'm aware)will keep about 15 saved games for you.

If you want music, videos and pictures on your Psp then depending on how many of those you would like would vary on the card you need i would say 512mb as a minimum, i have a 2Gb and have about 10 Fm save games as well as a load of other games.

Ashley I will be using it for the FM09 mainly so that should be ok then. LSD said earlier and looking on the spec of the PSP lite it has a 64MB Internal Memory so can you explain this to a non tech past his sell by date male as you have said it has a 32MB card and a little foxed!

Cheers mate.

ad

you will need a memory stick becuase there is no internal memory to save it on or not that im aware of.

crickie is right, you will need a Memory Stick but there is internal memory and it's not used for saving games.

if the only game your buying is football manager 2009, the 32Mb card that comes with it (as far as i'm aware)will keep about 15 saved games for you.

In a Basic Pack you don't get a Memory Stick, in the Value Pack you do.

If you want music, videos and pictures on your Psp then depending on how many of those you would like would vary on the card you need i would say 512mb as a minimum, i have a 2Gb and have about 10 Fm save games as well as a load of other games.

I still recommend the 1Gb card but there is a whole host of different sized (Mb wise) Memory Sticks out there ranging from 32Mb to 16Gb (unsure if it's been released yet)

Yeah!

Regards

ad

i think that answers your question B10

I think the 2000 series is the lite is this correct?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but what do you get with a basic PSP when you purchase one (i:e charger, case etc) and is there any hidden things I should be careful with before spending the dollars!

Looking on the forum someone posted the FM 2009 game for the PSP for under £20.00 so that sounds good.

Thanks LSD

ad

yeah the price is moving up nearly every day mate, when it was posted it was £18 but today is almost £25

So I really need to purchase a memory stick as the PSP hasn't got one I believe.

I have got A 2GB USB ported (think it is called a flash drive) I had free with my laptop would this hold saved games or is it just for photos etc.

Being stupid LSD what is OFW?

Great replys guys you are all the dogs!

So I really need to purchase a memory stick as the PSP hasn't got one I believe.

I have got A 2GB USB ported (think it is called a flash drive) I had free with my laptop would this hold saved games or is it just for photos etc.

Being stupid LSD what is OFW?

Great replys guys you are all the dogs!

no you need a special one for your psp. It like a sd card for your camera but a different shape. it looks like this

sonymemorystickduo8gbiv3.jpg

I nearly bought from eBay a Memory Stick with "HIGH SPEED" written on it so phew LSD thanks!

Will now look out for a Sony Pro Duo 1GB or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If you could link me to a site then that would be great guys.

The countdown begins I have a shiny new PSP all alone in a box so roll on release day!

Archived