Pitch colour, could be greener?

Having played a few games now i've noticed that the pitch seems to be a bit dark, for some reason football games be they management or playing games never seem to get the colour of the pitch right. They always seem to be a dark shade of green and brown. I would say that the colour of the pitch in the 2D classic view is so much better than any of the other views. Its a lot greener looking

2u4mp76.jpg

Could it just be your expectations of what a pitch should look like?

The right side is a 3D rendering. In other words it's going to have all of the complex lighting effects going on whereas the 2D Classic is just a flush painting which gets changed based on weather effects (muddy, snowy etc) rather than actual lighting effects for time of day etc.

Have a look at various pitches from bird's eye view satellite in google maps (Old Trafford is a good example) to see what I mean.

Who on earth cares about that?

So you dont agree... thats all you had to say.

Its just a small thing I noticed and it seems to be that almost every football game on the market does the same and almost every football game community brings out a mod to brighten the pitch up. The pitch on the right is more brown than it is green.

Archived