Coaches in Football Manager

Hi. I might've bumped into mind game with myself but would like to hear your concerns about it. There are GK Coaches and Fitness Coaches. Many of them have a low GK or Fitness ratings but whatever, that's not my point. They have a strict ability to keep withing their area - GK with GKs, Fitness with Strenght and Aerobics. Now -> many of these coaches are not willing to come to my team as a GK or Fitness coach. After this I say "whatever" and give them normal coaching job - which they accept - and I just give them a job which I like but staying within their coaching area. I got a question - what's the point of having such ability in contract offering? Maybe coach which keep an eye on more aspects wants less money? Fitness coaches are less popular in database so they want lower salary then normal ones? But if I assign fitness training to a fitness coach who I signed as a normal coach - is there a special point of doing this?

if you are woundering why their rating are down check what postion they used to play if they where ex player david james becomes the best gk coach on the game if you ask me always get him :) ut you sometimes get defenders fitting is a gk coaces lol

if you are woundering why their rating are down check what postion they used to play if they where ex player david james becomes the best gk coach on the game if you ask me always get him :) ut you sometimes get defenders fitting is a gk coaces lol

I think that is not my point. Maybe I'll clear up a bit.

Normal Coach | Fitness Coach

I'm searching for a coach who would train my players in strength and aerobics. I found a Fitness Coach with Physical rating of 18. Great. I want to sign him. Because he's a Fitness Coach I want to give him the same contract (the same job) in my club but he tells me, that I'm not going to meet his demands. So I change the job in contract from Fitness Coach to Coach and... he suddenly wants less money, although I'd still tell him to train my players in strength and aerobics. What's the point of this?

I think that is not my point. Maybe I'll clear up a bit.

Normal Coach | Fitness Coach

I'm searching for a coach who would train my players in strength and aerobics. I found a Fitness Coach with Physical rating of 18. Great. I want to sign him. Because he's a Fitness Coach I want to give him the same contract (the same job) in my club but he tells me, that I'm not going to meet his demands. So I change the job in contract from Fitness Coach to Coach and... he suddenly wants less money, although I'd still tell him to train my players in strength and aerobics. What's the point of this?

Within the game, it may be coded for them to want a promotion. I've had youth coaches from higher leagues come to my club when I offered them the asst manager job. They also took a pay cut to do it. It might also have to do with their ambition that is a hidden code in the editor.

Only logical thing I can guess is; AI considers coahing role as a kind of promition. So in terms of AI: Youth<fitness<GK<coach<assistant<manager. If this is the case then role is just about the mentallity and satisfaction of these personal and eventually their salaries and future careers.

I dont think there is any affect of this in their actual efficiency. If there is then shame on game because there is no way users can know that.

Actually this overall sandbox feeling all around tranining mode is a downside of FM in my opinion. You do and invest lots but hardly know if you are doing good or bad in terms of traning. There are always green and red arrows going everywhere almost looking randomly(I believe not but my brain can not see the logic still after many attempts)

Archived