Amazing Mexico Regens in FM2008

Guest ajdavies

Guest ajdavies

Has anyone noticed a ridiculously high standard of Mexican regens in FM2008??

After playing as Nigeria, Chicago and Arsenal manager untill 2028 I realised that Mexico had amazingly good players.

I left Arsenal and very quickly got the job as Mexico manager in 2028 as they had underperformed massively in all world cups. IMO they had the best squad in 2026 (a number of which were in my Arsenal team) but went out early on.

I then (pretty easily if i'm honest) won the next two world cups in 2030 and 2034. I was not the 'media favourite' but I could tell my squad was comfortably the best in the tournament.

I used FMscout at a couple of points just to check the PA of some of these players. About 15-20% of all players in the world above 190PA were mexican! I didnt even use all of them because some were too young and about 3 were keepers.

Has anyone else noticed Mexico (or any other odd nation) becoming a football superpower in FM08?

I'm thinking it might be related to the fact that I managed in North America at Chicago between 2014 and 2018 but not sure.

Any Thoughts??

--------------EDIT-----------------

Ok just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about Ive upped screens of my two best players during my time with mexico. (I resigned after winning the 2034 world cup)

Ramon Cadena: Its now 2038 and he's getting on a bit, he used to be better. He played a key role as a 19 year old in my first world cup win and was the best player in the second four years ago(although he amazingly missed the final with A COLD!!!!!)

cadenahz3.jpg

Benjamin Ibarra: He didn't play in my first world cup but was amazing in the second. He's probably better now (stats wise) than he was for me in 2034 but he was still amazing back then

ibarravf2.jpg

I have found this in my game as well, I'm in year 2022 and mexico has become one of the strongest nations, at first I thought it was just a good generation with the likes of carlos vela, dos santos, guardado, etc.. but even the generated players are very strong. Looking at it in FM scout mexico seems to produce more players above 180 pa than any other country.

Maybe it's because there were quite a few mexican players with a high PA at the start of the game and the game uses this as a gauge of sorts to generate further players.

Here are screens of regens in my game.

This guy is the best of the bench and probably one of the best regens I've seen, although at this point his well past his best, so imagine those stats about 2 points higher.

http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brionesqw8.jpg

Another Mexican legend

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carloshernandezqh0.jpg

and another

raulcruznm4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Mexico were actually the runners up to the world cup in 2014 in my game.

Also, I have the MLS loaded, this might contribute to the amount of good Mexicans as the game tends to generate more players from a continent that has a league running as far as I have noticed.

Archived