Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

fmelclanlogo.png

fmo_white.gif

Welcome to the update thread for the FMELClan

A New era will begin very soon with the release of the new football managing game titled Football Manager 2005. As you may know our clan was previously known as CMELClan but has changed its name due to the arrival of the new game.

When we ended our old game we was some 15 seasons into our game we didnt get to finish our final season unfourtunately not but the clans progress has been recorded on our website http://www.fmelc.pfl-net.com/

The new game will decide who really is the best of the best as 14 managers intend to pit their wits against each other in what should be a very exciting game

The reason for extending the amount of managers allowed to play in our clan is to give those few extra others the chance to participate in our evergrowing clan.

This game should be very exciting and i for one am looking extremely forward to it and hopefully im not the first to be sacked in the new game.

The game will include every single english league including the lower ones most probably to give everyone that proper feel of english football. Each manager will be able to choose whatever team they want to manage but former CMELClan members will get first picks of the teams they want.

All the rules can be found on our clan website (Link above) but former clan members will already be familiar with them. New ones may be added at some point but for now they will stay the same.

The days and times that our clan plays on are:

* Star indicates that these sessions do actually start at 6.15pm each night but from then until 7pm is t+t time (Transfers and Tactics) 7pm is the official start time for each session if you do not need to do any t+t then you will not have to be in the chatroom until the actual session starts. It is good to get into the clan chatroom early before each session though. *

*Mondays 7pm - 11pm

*Tuesdays 7pm - 11pm

*Wednesdays 7pm - 11pm

Although no places available at moment and a couple on our reserve list whenever we do need members and you wish to apply do it through our own forum on our clan website.

The host for the new game will be jimmy (shagwell) as he made such a good job in hosting the old clan game. However we will have backup hosts also.

The final thing is a list of all the members that are confirmed to start with us as we embark on our new adventure which is fm.

The starting line up is as follows:

* Pm stands for previous member these members will get first choice on their teams *

Lee Owens (Me)

Jimmy Cale *(PM)

Simon Murphy *(PM)

Ant Banach *(PM)

Joey Briggs *(PM)

Ben Crawford *(PM)

Stevey Toner *(PM)

Aida Connolly *(PM)

Mike Law *(PM)

Fran Cochrane *(PM)

Ricardo Servini

Emir Karakurt

Michael Adesola

Abhirarm Chandrasen

So thats it all the 14 members confirmed for the new game. Soon it will begin and everyone will be pitting their wits against each others in Football Manager 2005. Game due to start 2 weeks after football manager is released so lets all look forward until that day which will be a memorable one for all

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fmelclanlogo.png

fmo_white.gif

Welcome to the update thread for the FMELClan

A New era will begin very soon with the release of the new football managing game titled Football Manager 2005. As you may know our clan was previously known as CMELClan but has changed its name due to the arrival of the new game.

When we ended our old game we was some 15 seasons into our game we didnt get to finish our final season unfourtunately not but the clans progress has been recorded on our website http://www.fmelc.pfl-net.com/

The new game will decide who really is the best of the best as 14 managers intend to pit their wits against each other in what should be a very exciting game

The reason for extending the amount of managers allowed to play in our clan is to give those few extra others the chance to participate in our evergrowing clan.

This game should be very exciting and i for one am looking extremely forward to it and hopefully im not the first to be sacked in the new game.

The game will include every single english league including the lower ones most probably to give everyone that proper feel of english football. Each manager will be able to choose whatever team they want to manage but former CMELClan members will get first picks of the teams they want.

All the rules can be found on our clan website (Link above) but former clan members will already be familiar with them. New ones may be added at some point but for now they will stay the same.

The days and times that our clan plays on are:

* Star indicates that these sessions do actually start at 6.15pm each night but from then until 7pm is t+t time (Transfers and Tactics) 7pm is the official start time for each session if you do not need to do any t+t then you will not have to be in the chatroom until the actual session starts. It is good to get into the clan chatroom early before each session though. *

*Mondays 7pm - 11pm

*Tuesdays 7pm - 11pm

*Wednesdays 7pm - 11pm

Although no places available at moment and a couple on our reserve list whenever we do need members and you wish to apply do it through our own forum on our clan website.

The host for the new game will be jimmy (shagwell) as he made such a good job in hosting the old clan game. However we will have backup hosts also.

The final thing is a list of all the members that are confirmed to start with us as we embark on our new adventure which is fm.

The starting line up is as follows:

* Pm stands for previous member these members will get first choice on their teams *

Lee Owens (Me)

Jimmy Cale *(PM)

Simon Murphy *(PM)

Ant Banach *(PM)

Joey Briggs *(PM)

Ben Crawford *(PM)

Stevey Toner *(PM)

Aida Connolly *(PM)

Mike Law *(PM)

Fran Cochrane *(PM)

Ricardo Servini

Emir Karakurt

Michael Adesola

Abhirarm Chandrasen

So thats it all the 14 members confirmed for the new game. Soon it will begin and everyone will be pitting their wits against each others in Football Manager 2005. Game due to start 2 weeks after football manager is released so lets all look forward until that day which will be a memorable one for all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

stop sitting on your PC all day and get a job stevey icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

stevey will get a job only when his hemp plant dies and he has to buy his own joints

see you all in a few weeks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike_Law:

looking forward to it si, hows family life treating you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all great thanks mike, reckon the whisky i keep giving daisy is doing the trick, as she is no bother at all, cya in a few weeks

Still waiting on everyone to pick their team that they want to be i've only heard from one manager which team they want to be.

A few new rules on the clan website so can all please check them out thanks also you can choose to be any team you want except the teams listed below:

Arsenal

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Currently newcastle and middlesbrough are taken can everyone else please let me know what teams they want to be for the new game. Also can phil peck get in contact with me as amir has unfourtunately had to drop out so that means you get his place

Listed below is all the clubs that have been taken so far and by which managers. SO far only the previous members of the clan are picking their teams once they have the newcomers will be able to pick their's

Here is the list so far of who has what team

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Ben Crawford - Newcastle United

Ant Banach - Portsmouth (*may change reserved this team for ant anyway*)

Jimmy Cale - Tottenham

Me - West Ham United

Joey - Aston Villa (*Reserved team for joey may change though*)

Phil Peck - Man City

Can Aida, Mike and Stevey please let me know which teams they would like then i can ask the newer members which teams they want then thanks icon_smile.gif.

Got your change in team mike cheers for that and thanks also aida.

Only people that need to pick there teams now is michael adesola, stevey, fran, abhi and ricardo so please let me know what teams you want a.s.a.p. thanks icon_biggrin.gif

UPDATE

The date for when the new game will commence will be Monday 21st November at session times. This is to give everyone a chance to familiarise themselves with the new fm game.

Everyone except riccardo, fran and ant have picked the teams they want although i have reserved portsmouth for ant. So please can those 2 members let me know as soon as they can which teams they want thanks.

Enjoy the new few weeks and roll on when we start on the 21st i cant wait icon_biggrin.gif

Everyone has picked the team the want to be and the final line up looks like this.

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Ben Crawford - Newcastle

Ant Banach - Portsmouth (Unless wants to change)

Stevey Toner - Birmingham City

Mike Law - Wigan

Aida Connolly - WBA

Jimmy Cale - Tottenham

Me - Most likely Plymouth

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

Phil Peck - Man City

Fran Cochrane - Preston

Abhi - Burnley

Michael Adesola - Bolton

Riccardo Servini - Derby County

So thats the final line up all we gotta wait for now is the game to start. Like i say will most probably be on the 21st see when the patches come out first though.

Ben Crawford - Newcastle 2-1 fav relative unknown in the clan, but geordies have the best squad available and most money

Ant Banach - Portsmouth 20-1 not many takers on these odds, john mccririck was heard saying lots of money has been pouring in on pompey but all by pompey fans (meaning not the brightest people in there own house never mind anywhere else)

Stevey Toner - Birmingham City 8-1 dark horses a good chance is stevey isnt stoned 10000-1 if he is (bookies tend to think he will be)

Mike Law - Wigan evens for promotion good team , money should be available and mike is proven at a higher level

Aida Connolly - WBA 16-1 unlikely to create as big a shock with this wba as he did in the old game but you never know

Jimmy Cale - Tottenham 4-1 2nd favourite his record in the last clan almost makes him favourite but a spurs side laking depth needs some serious investment to get top honours this season

Lee Owens - Plymouth 50-1 for promotion if still in a job at end of season it will be seen as success

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa 40-1 decent squad but joey's record in the top flight in the last clan was very poor. very good at getting promotion but pee poor at staying up

Phil Peck - Man City 12-1 not the bookies favourite but some good players and money available if anelka sold so with phil having a decent record possibilties here

Fran Cochrane - Preston 10-1 for promotion, interesting choice of teams for fran but has been known as a slow starter at a club

Abhi - Burnley 20-1 very poor squad no money but sure to finish higher than plymouth

Michael Adesola - Bolton 20-1 ageing team not much money, long ball time wasters may struggle to survive

Riccardo Servini - Derby County 40-1 another newbie to the clan with hard choise of team, still expected to finish above the clan founder

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough 10-1 good squad decent record in last clan but a tendency to buy to many players early on and struggle to find right balance may prove costly

good luck all

Still not much news on the patch yet but im hoping it will be here soon so i can start hammering loads of you with my mighty side and no im not drunk icon_biggrin.gif

Remember to post reports all when the game kicks off and our website link is http://www.fmelc.pfl-net.com/ still not everyone has signed upto it yet and got themselves an account can the members who aint please do thanks

Speaking to Sky Sports manager Stephen Toner has spoke of his admiration for manager Joey Briggs. He commented on how lucky Aston Villa were to apoint a manager of Joey's calibre. He also added its going to be very difficult mannaging Aston Villa's main rivals Birmigham and not damaging his friendship with Joey.

Asking Stevey on how things had been going in the build up to the big season he had this to say.

"Things are looking rosey so far. Ive met a wickid Rasta who seems to be able to sort some wickid skunk so my main worry has been put to sleep. Im hopefully going to be bringing in some new talent over the next few weeks and were going on a scouting trip to Jamaica to find some real good s h ! t. On the footballing side there is still some work to do though. Unfortuantly i havent had a chance to meet the players or even check the training facilites as i had to get my priorities right and find that Rasta. On a possitive note though i have spoken to a few players over the phone when i was trying to track some skunk down. They seem like a helpful bunch of lads witch is nice"

Thanks for talking to Sky Sports today Stevey, good luck for the new season. "Thank you"

make sure you all get pratice in with your teams as your gonna need it icon_smile.gif. Everyones team banner has now been finished also so i will be putting them all on here very soon and all you will need to do is copy the link to use it for your reports

Dont know about anyone else but im finding it hard to get into FM.

Doesnt help that the Patch is taking so long but im not too impressed with the game.

Oh well maybe once clan is up and running and Ant has one of his Paddy's cos Si has made it publically known he dislikes him and Ant's players agree with si, maybe then ill get into it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Oh well maybe once clan is up and running and Ant has one of his Paddy's cos Si has made it publically known he dislikes him and Ant's players agree with si, maybe then ill get into it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif it has been so quiet these last few months without the clan wonder if ant has grown up at all, doubt it mind. can see the headlines now 'players shock as dummy hits star player' as ant sulks as he loses another of his star players who are out of contract

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dapooch:

you got ne places so that i could join 8-) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were currently full bud. Get in touch with Champholic (details in his profile) to discuss going on the waiting list

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Looks like be starting after christmas the way the patches are going as this one just released dont fix the online issues so we gotta wait till the next one comes out icon_frown.gif. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn! ¬_¬

Archived