Work Permits

Stubo

so for example im birmingham and trying to sign traore from rosenborg but cant get wp. currently just u21 international. would i need him to play full internationals in order to get wp? and if so how many? its strange cos i bought an argentinian teenager who got a wp with no u21 caps but tried to sign angulo of costa rica who has 5full caps but he cant get a wp? is it just random or will AI just bar wp's for certain players?

so for example im birmingham and trying to sign traore from rosenborg but cant get wp. currently just u21 international. would i need him to play full internationals in order to get wp?

Under 21 caps don't count. To get a work permit a player must have played in 75% of his countries full internationals matches over the previous 2 years and that country must be in FIFA's top 70 list of nations. Occasionally a player will get a wp without any caps if it is felt he is an exeptional talent and would improve the standard of the game in the country you are currently playing in.

Its the rules irl and the game does reflect this. I've only ever seen a player with no caps get a wp occasionally though. It really doesn't happen all that often really. I think this is why its probably a good Idea to have a work permit feeder because if you try and sign a player with no caps you should get him on appeal and then be able to send him to your wp club. If your trying to sign Argentinians then I think its best to have a wp feeder in spain because they'll get a wp after 2 years whereas in other popular countries like Poland & Belgium the wait is 3 years.

cheers trekman. cant get a wp feeder club just yet but should do wen i back in prem.....cheers anyway

You should still be able to get a wp feeder even though your not in the premiership. What feeders to you have currently? Try arranging a tour in a country like Spain and then asking for a feeder and see what the board come up with.

Archived