Homegrown at club?

Just a quick question, with the homegrown at club rule for Europe competitions, does sending them out on loan affect this? ie, i just sent Nick Jordan on loan to Manchester United and Marlon Pack to Juventus on loan from my Portsmouth team, will this affect the two years they have already spent at Portsmouth to be eligible for the Homegrown at Club rule?

As long as the players are on your books then the players being out on loan doesn't affect them becoming homegrown.

e.g. if a player was in your u-18 for two years and then sent on loan the third he would still become a homegrown providing he is under 21.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are some problems with this ruling within the game. I've had numerous players who have been playin in my country for more than 3 years between the age of 15 and 21 yet they are still not even considered to be a homegrown player for the country (Yellow HG icon).

For example I have George Wijnaldum at Real Madrid in 2013- he is 22.

In his career he has been at:

Feyenoord for 3 years

Barcelona for 3 years (he spent 6 months on loan at Nantes and 12 months at Ajax in this time)

Valencia for 2 years

He is just starting his second season for me at Real Madrid.

By my reckoning he has been trained in Spain for more than 3 years between 15 and 21- yet he still doesn't count towards my quota. Why is this?

He cant be homegrown for you but might be eligable to be 'trained in the same country' as your team. Although it might only allow one country for him to use this, therefore he was trained in Holland and is a homegrown Feyenoord player.

I think the rules are quite ambiguous then. When asked to select the squad the advice given says that the player must have trained in the country for at least 3 years between 15 and 21.

Perhaps I'm just in desperation as I've only got a couple of home grown players and I have to put some random youngsters in the squad at the expense of my seasoned internationals!

Archived