physios

i think this is one main area that could really be improved in FM IMO.

at the moment, what we get is a projection of the length of a players rehab ONCE HE BECOMES INJURED. obviously, better physios give more accurate (a sometimes a lot quicker) recovery times.

we also have the dreaded green sqaure during match days, and the option of giving injections to get a player through a match. (injections is a great feature IMO btw)

however:

it would be great to have a little more proactiveness. here are a few ideas.

player medicals. this could give information like current fitness, how susceptible is a player to injuries and how this can be combatted. it could also give a recommended training workload.

lets be rid of the green square and have proper physio feedback during a match so we dont have to guess what type of injury a player has. type of injury, chance of making it worse, importance of match vs importance of matches in the near future leading to a conclusion whether to keep the player on the pitch or not. maybe even the personality of the player could be included in this too.

REHAB INTERACTION. this is a key area of the game for me that is missing. countless times i have had a player miss a massive game like a champions league final by just 1 or 2 days. how about setting a target, like, "i need him fit for x date?" sometimes the target could be met, sometimes not. maybe it could even make the injury worse....

also, how about recommending a player for a rest BEFORE he becomes jaded? a message like "player y is playing a lot of games, maybe you should consider resting him/lowering training workload before he becomes jaded." (this would save having to ship the player away on holiday for a week)

manager/physio favoured personnel. not listening to your physio, giving him unrealistic rehab targets, over/underwork could all lead to a negative relationship where the physio becomes less efficient. get the physio on your side however, and he will work his arse off for you.

edit: if a player is tired/returning from injury and not 100%, maybe you could ask him how he felt about playing that game. the condition of the player, his role in the team and his personality would all have a bearing upon his response.

wardog whats the other part then?

for me its regens/youth team stuff...

edit: elaborating, you could do so much more for player development - more detail in feeder clubs, in depth training schedules, youth camps, trial days (thankfully this is in for fm09), BETTER REGENS, better youth transfers. i should not be able to pick up a future star at 18 years old for pittance. yes,this does happen IRL occasionally, but most of the time you have to pay massive wedge IRL for a future star; rooney, nani, c. ronaldo being extreme examples, then you have guys like kenwyne jones, theo walcott, gareth bale. in the game you can buy players of a similar age and standard for about 100k. this should not happen.

i likethe ideas with the physios, theyre pretty useless in the game atm, so much more can be done with em. and we USED to be able to see what kind of injuries our players had, waaay back in the olden days, so i dunno why it was taken out tbf. bring it back!!!

Archived