Contract Accepted/Rejected

I've just come across something quite strange...

Just before my last 'save' i had offered a contract to a player (Vilner) under the bosman rule....I played on and around 2 days later I got the message saying he rejected me and signed a new contract with his current club. Then my computer went up the wall so I re-started it and re-loaded the game from the last save point....and two (in-game) days later I got a message saying that Vilner had accepted my offer and could I confirm the transfer.

I'm obviously happy that he's signed for us but I just found it strange that he rejected and accepted the same contract offer.

That is strange, indeed.

So either the AI has made another offer within those two days the one time and not at the other or the decisions made by the players are more arbitrary than they should be.

Maybe report it in the bugs forum. This could also have been tweaked if this part was recoded as well.

I would suggest that there is a randomn element to the way that AI teams offer transfer fees or salaries to players, as otherwise the coding would enable the AI to sign everyone they wanted, as it would know what was required.

The scenario suggests that the AI offered the contract after you had offered a contract, and in each game (the crashed game and the following 're-run') the offer made was different. Possibly with the AI team not even offering a new contract in the 're-run', all IMHO.

Archived