Assistant Manager Loan Player Report

Have a look at the most recent news item on the screenshot below:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14270939/football-manager-2009/images/football-manager-2009-20080904100211678.html?page=mediaFull

I'm intrigued as to what this might be. I know from another screenshot that "Price" is the assistant manager. What I can't tell as to whether this is a report on potential loan signings for the left midfield position - ie a scout report; a report on a specific player who is a left midfielder available for loan; or a report on an existing left midfielder already on loan at the club.

It seems most likely that it's the first of these possibilities (in spite of it being carried out by an assistant manager rather than a scout), in which case I am particularly enthused, because it would appear that one of my key gripes about scouting has been eliminated - namely that the manager can instruct the scout to look for loan players only in the first instance, rather than applying a "loan only" filter afterwards. Even better if this is repeated for free transfers and transfer listed players.

I'd be interested if anyone has alternative views. I am not expecting an SI comment as this is not yet an announced feature.

That is SI for you, they leave tantalising glimpses of new features lying about and expect us to wait until the next announcement.

From the headline I suspect that it is your assistant (or a scout called 'Price') reporting back on available loan targets in a position you have asked for. It looks like a brilliant fetaure and kudos to you for picking up on it. :D

From the headline I suspect that it is your assistant (or a scout called 'Price') reporting back on available loan targets in a position you have asked for. It looks like a brilliant fetaure and kudos to you for picking up on it. :D

can't you just go on to player search, customise filter > transfer staus = loan listed > posistion= left midfield. I suspect there is something more to it.

can't you just go on to player search, customise filter > transfer staus = loan listed > posistion= left midfield. I suspect there is something more to it.

You can do that with scout searches in FM08, but this is after the scout has reported back with all sorts of left midfielders. In reality, if you had no transfer budget you probably wouldn't want your scout to be using up valuable time looking at players you couldn't buy. The option to tell the scout to look at loan players only from the outset is a big benefit that I've been championing for at least couple of FMs.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that this new loan feature actually comes back with players that aren't on the loan list but would be interested in joining on loan, providing the clubs can arrange something. That would make more sense seeing as if we already have a loan search function.

Archived