Problems playing the game?

It doesn't load from where?

Go to Program Files\Sports Interactice\Football Manager 2008 and double click fm.exe (might not have the .exe showing). If that doesn't get it to run then you have an issue.

When i click on SI its just a folder called FM with nothing in it to click on to start it.

^Your install produces this

Program Files\SI\FM

Is that what you are saying? if so I have no clue why that is happening but I know it shouldn't be.

What operating system are you on? I don't have Vista but I think you need to install with administrative privileges and make available for all users. Pure guess again but you are probably not installing so that it is available to your Windows User.

Also try unticking the option when installing that launches the game when starting.

welchy

Can you post the location FM installs to on Vista, just for future reference for myself :)

Click start

Select GAMES from the menu

The FM icon should now appear

Double click on it to start. Right click and select Run Data Editor to use the editor.

Hope that makes it clear for vista users.

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 << fm.exe file, and everything else goes into that folder...

its only been on my start menu since i pinned a shortcut there, never went into the games folder somehow....

Archived