I'm set to be replaced as manager... By myself!

This has to be the stupidest thing I've seen as a media event! So I've been testing to see what would happen if I went back 6 seasons and let an AI manager take control of my side. So far in that they've won the title 3 times in 3 seasons but have failed to perform in any cups. So in one of my periodic breaks to save, I spotted that Florist were without a manager, so I applied. If it weren't for the fact that it was Florist and I'd been the manager of the Rams for some 11 years before resigning 3 years back, then the fact it took them 9 days to choose me to be the new manager, me the most successful manager in the game, would be entirely rediculous. However, taking the job and spotting the massive £0 budget immediately made me demand them to give me some funds... They said that they were yet to see a return from the rest of the money they gave me (which didn't exist), so I immediately gave them an ultimatum (on my first day in the job). BAM! Sacked, but this is what came up:

sackedvd7.jpg

So obviously I have a second crack at the job!

eyesthejobxk3.jpg

I was sadly unsuccessful... And at this point realising what affect this would have on the game, I decided to go back to when I saved it just then, get the job and sack all of Florist's staff, players and anything else that isn't tied down and then leave with them as a complete wreck! But there is a purpose, I want to see if the AI can save a dying team!

I'm now far more interested in my Florist Job (as I said, back in time again, to test how the AI would respond), so I managed to sack all of my coaching staff, all but 7 of my playing staff (2 of which are 35 and are now on 5 year contracts for about £10,000 per week) and I'm going to try to be sacked very quickly and see how they rebuild.

So I've spent my first match experimenting and have decided on a nice 0-0-0-0-5-5 formation, with hard tackling, pushing forward, the keeper farrowed to the RW position and as the target man with plenty of balls to the head. My first match in charge has ended 45-0, which I told them I was elated with... Yet I still have a job! I even got to tell the press that the Goal Leak was making a mountain out of a molehill!

So I've spent my first match experimenting and have decided on a nice 0-0-0-0-5-5 formation, with hard tackling, pushing forward, the keeper farrowed to the RW position and as the target man with plenty of balls to the head. My first match in charge has ended 45-0, which I told them I was elated with... Yet I still have a job! I even got to tell the press that the Goal Leak was making a mountain out of a molehill!

LOL that's classic, try and crack the 50 mark next time:D

A barrel of laughs... Left them after two matches (45-0 away and 50-0 home losses) with a failed Ultimatum, came up with the same job thing. I left them without any player, any staff, and more or less a £6 million pound debt. They got a new man in 2 days before the transfer window ended and signed 2 players, and he brough an entire backroom with him apparently. They were relegated dead last conceding more than 200 goals (95 in my reign), however they were Champions of League One the next season...

On the topic of the other thread my replacement at Derby continued well and won the premier League another 2 times and the Champions League once! Good work by the AI, that's 4 in a row for the League since he took over, and they're recuiting well. So it turns out the AI isn't as ******** as I once thought.

Archived