disable transfer budgets in first window Question

Clubs will not have a transfer budget for the first transfer window. If the game starts after the January window closes (which I believe it would do), they won't have any transfer budget until the November(?) transfer window. Bear in mind that clubs can still bring in free agents.

Hey everyone

Just wondering

I start my game in March 2008 when the Sweden league kicks off. Now when does the first window start for me? Has it been passed in January 2008 or is it the one coming up in July 2008?

Thanks

Check your calender ingame to see when transfer windows open for your league.

Also most of the time transfer budgets are at the start of the season, therefore you miss out, unless the board get more money over the season.

Hope that answers your question...

Ticking the box 'Allow Transfer Budgets in first window' means that clubs have money in their transfer budgets for the first transfer window. Unticking it means that they won't have a transfer budget until the next transfer window (in England, January).

Ticking the box 'Allow Transfer Budgets in first window' means that clubs have money in their transfer budgets for the first transfer window. Unticking it means that they won't have a transfer budget until the next transfer window (in England, January).

as in, they cant spend anything, seems a bit silly.

as in, they cant spend anything, seems a bit silly.
Allow Transfer Budgets in first window

Football Manager typically starts a new game in the same pre-season as has just been passed in the real world. Therefore the database reflects this in squad lists and team transfer budgets. By disallowing the transfer budgets in the first transfer window of a saved game, the saved game will reflect the real world more accurately than if the save allows teams to spend money it didn't spend in real life. Simply put, this is another option to add the realism of your saved game.

Feature's in there for realism.

i know this may be hijacking the topic but.....

who here actually plays with the 'disable transfers in the first window' ticked???? i for one dont since i want the chance to add to my squad.

How bout you guys?

Archived