LLM, sacked and unable to get another job

I don't know how many people have been through this, and what the likelyhood is that my problem will be resolved, but I recently (today, but not recent in game time as you will find out) got sacked from my club (Queen's University Belfast) after matching the exact expectations of the season. As you expect I was a bit miffed but accepted it as I still thought I should have done better.

I got the job after starting unemployed and with sunday league as my only experience.

I won just over half my games and lost a quarter of them so not a sensationally bad record.

My status is said to now be National.

So I have one question, why have I been turned down for ever single manager's job that has become vacant in the last 2 years of the game. It's nearing 2011 and I still have no job, every club (and i mean every club) turns me down. almost 2 years since I lost my job I remained unemployed. I would have thought that my 500+ days as manager of QUB would have qualified me at least for some job, yet no, I have no acceptance.

I really don't want to have got this far and have to just add another manager or start again because that would really remove the slight reality factor of LLM play that still remains.

Can anyone help me?

What experience have others had and is it worth hanging on, waiting on holiday for a few more years to get an offer?

Has anyone been offered a job after this length of time?

I really want to carry on so any help is so greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Apply for a national team job they are much easier to get. I've had a similar experience with Cowdenbeath where i left after doing everything I could but there was noway for me to have fun managing them anymore, coudln't get a job anywhere (was laughed at for applying to teams 3 divisions below where I had been), the job offers you receive/apply +accepted for are random as hell.

Thanks for your replies.

I was thinking bug all day, but would you believe it that not long after I wrote this, I went back to my game that had been on holiday, applying to all jobs, and found that I had just been offered a job, at none other than Queen's University Belfast. Look's like it's fate that I should be there.

Only problem is that I had built a strong team, ready for the next season when I was sacked. Since I left, it seems that the new manager had worked hard to sell or let go every single player from my first 11 and top subs, save for one sole wing-back.

All of my players that had been in the all time team for them were gone.

I've found that most are happy to return, only problem is instead of a £3k wage budget, I have £250 and the wages are already £2.5k so I can't sign anyone.

Brilliant.

But they have at least given me a 3 year deal so I should be able to do something with the team in that time and get in some low level stars, old and new.

These are some of the harsh conditions that a LLMer must go through at times, but once you've spent years at your club, and you're pushing for that promotion spot, or for that qualifying round, and once you've achieved it, the price you've paid and the many games you've lost are all forgotten as the joy that you've built and lead a team into promotion or whatever the success may be, is completely satisfying and urges you on to aim higher and higher as each season goes by. At least for me.

Glad you are back in the pit, and I'm sure the new limitations at your current club will provide a greater challenge but a funner game.

Archived