150+ job apps... no offers... winning record... whats up?

Hi, I started a game with every league running and started unemployed. I got the Chimney Corner job in the Carnegie Second Division in Northern Ireland.

At the end of my second season I have led them to successive promotions (Premier this coming season) and two cup wins with a win ratio of 60%.

So in the Summer I decided I'd leave and try and move up the ranks... I went on holiday and set the options to apply for higher rep jobs and to return when offered one. After three months on holiday and probably 150+ applications I have not been offered a single job... not even new teams in Conference South/North!!!

This seems ridiculous. Do you think I'd be better off resigning and applying for jobs? Could the rep of Chimney Corner not be helping me??

Any advice would be great... meanwhile another season looms....

Purely speculation :D but I'd say managing in Northern Ireland is your problem. Unless you start getting into Europe and making some progress you'll remain an unknown.

Same age for both managers, using Automatic Rep:-

Starting as Automatic in Northern Ireland Second Division: Home 500; Current 312; World 250

Starting as Automatic in English BSS: Home 1500; Current 1062; World 750

I don't know what the bump is for being successful in Northern Ireland but judging from what you posted it isn't much.

Many on here managed in Northern Ireland so maybe one of them will throw their two cents in.

Having previously managed Bangor to Premier League and Domestic Cup success, I can tell you it is near to impossible to get a decent job in England or anywhere else afterwards if you start at automatic rep. When I moved to england I had to start with BSP side Bournemouth :(

Having previously managed Bangor to Premier League and Domestic Cup success, I can tell you it is near to impossible to get a decent job in England or anywhere else afterwards if you start at automatic rep. When I moved to england I had to start with BSP side Bournemouth :(

Well I resigned to see if that would change anything and 3 days later I was offered a job with SV Waren in the German Regional Division West for £0 per week with £0 transfer and £0 wage budget!! With no players.... obviously NI rep is amazing!!!!

Well I resigned to see if that would change anything and 3 days later I was offered a job with SV Waren in the German Regional Division West for £0 per week with £0 transfer and £0 wage budget!! With no players.... obviously NI rep is amazing!!!!

lol newly promoted teams in the lower german leagues are always fun to play as cause the difficulty level is like japanese extreme mode

Archived