Are the AI against Older Players??

This has been driving me mad recently. Clubs signing older players and then despite them playing well releasing them months later with the players then going on to play at clubs much lower then the club they were previously. These players are good for the level they are playing at.

I have recently seen a Robbie Fowler at Leeds sign in July, play 13 games and score 8 goals and then released. He then signed for Forest Green Rovers. This is very unrealistic as he would easily find another league one club.

Clubs seem to just want to get rid of players because of their age not looking at their stats or performances for the season. I look at the transfer list and for example Bruno N'Gotty is on the list despite him on his attributes being too good for League One. I see Ian Walker at Bolton transfer listed. Why would they transfer list a reliable third choice keeper playing well for the reserves.

Tommy Mooney and Nicky Southal, both players are good enough on attributes to play League one yet both are on the transfer list due to their age. Southal has scored 6 goals for Gillingham and has a average rating of 6.88..while are they transfer listing him. Colin Cameron is transfer listed at Dundee where he would start and Efe Sodje is on the list at Bury.

What do you think?? Do the Ai managers when judging players put too much emphasise on age

Two points:

1. I wish the AI International managers were more 'age-sensitive' since they keep picking the same squads for decades, blocking younger players from getting capped.

2. Currently older players physical attributes and CA decline far too rapidly. I never buy an outfield player over 30 since his attributes will go into free-fall; presumably it's the same for players at AI-controlled teams. I hope there is more flexibility over the general fitness of older players in FM09.

I see Ian Walker at Bolton transfer listed. Why would they transfer list a reliable third choice keeper playing well for the reserves.

Because he's third choice and playing for the reserves?

Perhaps they try to off load players for cash before they retire? Different scenario with Fowler there ofc.

Check stats like stamina- if these are low, the player is useless. He'll need dragging off at half time every match.

Archived