Cant get a job - FM07 - Help

Ok im playing FM07 and challenged myself to see how well I could do with Kidderminster Harriers..... In 6 seasons I have Won the conference, Won the Second Division, Won the Johnson Paints Trophy, Taken Kidderminster to the FA cup quarter Finals, Finished 7th in the first division and all this despite media suggestions of relegation favorites.

To top this I have a nice 5 million in the bank having grown this from -450K when I took over, consisntanly do this without going over budget and attendances have grown to 7500 from 1500 in the last 4 years...... Now forgive me if I am wrong but this kind of management would attract some attention from other clubs but im getting frustrated that I get passed over for job after job for managers who have been relagated and fired.

I can't even get the job at Luton who were 4th from bottom and ended up getting relegated..... Another thing Crystal Palace have had 4 managers in the last 2 years and I have been unseccuessful every time - despite beating them twice in the league this season and finishing higher in the league in the last 2 seasons.

What the hell is going on - why can't i get a job anywhere when im a very successful manager with a team that should be in the conference.....

Help me please what am i missing ? Is this a programming issue ?

1) Reputation struggles to keep up with the rise, especially when your rise is so quick.

2) Getting jobs when you have a job in FM is difficult. Otehr clubs don't like to pay the compensation, but in FM it's a little bit over the top.

The best thing to do is save the game, and quit your job. Then you should beable to get another one much easier. If it doesn't work out, go back to your old save. Also getting a job in a higher league is always difficult in FM. It seems that you have to be doing well in a league to get a job of a club in the same league, but not doing so well.

Thanks - this makes sense... Not a single job has gone to someone currently employed in my game....... It sucks Steve bruce has been relegated 4 times with 4 clubs and still gets more jobs than I do.. The reputation thing stinks - I am still regional even though I have done pretty much the impossible....

Archived